D&D 5E If you were the ulitharid, what would you do?

pukunui

Legend
He'd probably also try to grab an isolated dragon to convert into an illithidragon, or whatever they are called. Plenty of upside in getting some draconic minions.
You need an elder brain for that. Extremiton’s not quite ready for that transformation. If the PCs give it time, it could happen ….

pukunui

Legend
The PCs accepted four orogs, two ettins, and two mind floaters. They also rescued another mind flayer captured by the githyanki.

They’d lost all their NPCs by the time they made it to the portal leading to Stardock. They now have to try and take on the main githyanki force (and their dragons) alone … again. Maybe the third time will be the charm!

(As an aside, I had Halaster give them the quest of wiping out either the githyanki or the mind flayers in order to end their conflict. Although I’ve even hinted that the mind flayers would be no match for the PCs, the players are too scared of them and decided to make a deal and have continually butted their heads against the more organised and lethal githyanki instead.)

Zardnaar

Legend
The PCs accepted four orogs, two ettins, and two mind floaters. They also rescued another mind flayer captured by the githyanki.

They’d lost all their NPCs by the time they made it to the portal leading to Stardock. They now have to try and take on the main githyanki force (and their dragons) alone … again. Maybe the third time will be the charm!

(As an aside, I had Halaster give them the quest of wiping out either the githyanki or the mind flayers in order to end their conflict. Although I’ve even hinted that the mind flayers would be no match for the PCs, the players are too scared of them and decided to make a deal and have continually butted their heads against the more organised and lethal githyanki instead.)

How many dragons and gith we talking about here?

More tgan 2 of each is a whole Lotta hurt.

pukunui

Legend
Are they encountering them in pairs? Eg 2 Gith, 2 young red dragons?
It's a bit of a mix. Mostly they've encountered numerous gith, sometimes with one of the younger red dragons. The first time they fought the supreme commander, she escaped and summoned the mama red. The PCs fled at that point. There are still four young red dragons around, and the githyanki forces in Stardock are still fairly numerous, even if the PCs have pretty much wiped out their contingent in Undermountain.

Zardnaar

Legend
It's a bit of a mix. Mostly they've encountered numerous gith, sometimes with one of the younger red dragons. The first time they fought the supreme commander, she escaped and summoned the mama red. The PCs fled at that point. There are still four young red dragons around, and the githyanki forces in Stardock are still fairly numerous, even if the PCs have pretty much wiped out their contingent in Undermountain.

Not familiar with the adventure that much. Adult red dragon?

Remove ads