• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ignore lists

Ignore Lists

Nifft

Penguin Herder

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
If someone creates a thread, and you're ignoring them, does the entire thread not show up?

No it is visible, it just starts on post number 2 and the hover over function doesn't work.

This thread had made me review my ignore list and declare a unilateral amnesty, so I've removed everyone. I think if I just stay out of the Rules forum everything will be fine.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Now that I've learned how to use the ignore list, I notice that I can't ignore myself.

This is an egregious oversight, and seriously degrades the functionality of this forum!

resistor

First Post
I never use ignore lists; I have no idea if I'm on anybody else's.

Honestly, I don't really understand why you'd want to use them. Doesn't it make it confusing to read threads where you start seeing responses to posts that aren't visible to you? I'll apply my ignore function in my head, thanks.

Shemeska

Adventurer
I don't have anyone on my ignore list. So 0, which is probably around five or six names too short but oh well. :)

I figure I'm on a number of lists, at least ten or so. You say things that someone doesn't like and either they go bonkers or they ignore you, that's the way of the internet.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
You say things that someone doesn't like and either they go bonkers or they ignore you, that's the way of the internet.

Exactly.

I dont understand this whole "i'm awesome because I dont use ignore list" thing. If we were in real space and someone was being an obnoxious ass or saying things that were really offensive or annoying to me I'd eventually be ignoring them there too.

Do people force themselves to hang around people that they dont like in real life?

Wombat

First Post
I have no one on my ignore list, but I wouldn't be surprised if several ignore me -- no real problems that way, just personal tastes. :)

Obryn

Hero
I dont understand this whole "i'm awesome because I dont use ignore list" thing. If we were in real space and someone was being an obnoxious ass or saying things that were really offensive or annoying to me I'd eventually be ignoring them there too.

Do people force themselves to hang around people that they dont like in real life?
Random people on messageboards have never bothered me as much as people in real life. If someone online is irritating me, I skip their post. Or read it and laugh at it. Or share it and laugh with other people. Or reply to it. If someone in the real world is annoying, it's not even half as easy.

:shrug: I don't really think the two situations are analogous at all.

-O

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads