• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's SoW: Rescue at Rivenroar

renau1g

First Post
"Well, that isn't a site that you see everyday, I didn't think the wee folk would even fit into armour of that weight. Looks like you're not the only one who's looking for something. I guess we all are" Illian says, somewhat wistfully, as if thinking about something else, again his hand drifting towards his chest, and the hidden symbol there.

garyh

First Post
"Aye, that is a site I've never seen before," Brega agreed. "Still, he must be a brave lad to venture forth in such a fashion! And, he's a Kordite as well." With that, Brega tapped the lightning-shapped crest on the helm sitting next to his elbow on the table.

"Well met, fellow follower of the Storm Lord!" the dwarf called out across the tavern. "Will you join me and my new friend Illian here for a drink? My name is Brega."

The Digger

First Post
"I would be delighted to do so friend. May I buy you both a drink in Friendship? 'Twould be both a pleasure and an honour."

Without waiting for an answer Peregrine turns to the bartender. "Good sir, may I also trouble you for drinks for my new-found friends over there. I presume that you are aware of their desires?"

The halfling places some coin on the bar, enough for the drinks, and bends to take up again his belongings.

"And would you be so kind as to bring them over, please?"

Shayuri

First Post
On getting a pair of wooden mugs from the bartender, and passing along some coin, Aliyas sat quietly and listened to the buzz of the room as she sipped first one, then the other. The milk was getting a little old now at the end of the day, but it was still rich and pungent. The water cleared the taste each time, making the next swallow of milk seem like the first.

Well traveled sorts, chatting amiably. It was a longshot in a dark wood, but maybe one of them had heard something of what she sought. A mention. A tale. A lead. Anything.

So Aliyas gets to her feet on finishing her drinks, and makes her way to the table where the dwarf and halfling and elf are seated. An unlikely set of drinking companions if ever there was one.

"May I join you for a moment?" she asks. Her voice is quiet and serious.

garyh

First Post
"Of course, lass!" the dwarf booms. "The more the merrier. My name's Brega. Your fellow elf here is Illian, and my fellow Kordite... ah, yes, I don't believe I've caught your name yet, my friend?"

Shayuri

First Post
She sits at the table, not quite centered on her chair, as if prepared to get back up again any moment.

"Please call me Aliyas," the elf woman replies, with a respectful nod to each present.

"Before me sit three individuals from different places, all distant," Aliyas goes on to say. "Have any of you heard tell rumor or word of an ivory greatbow, so pure it seems to glow when light strikes it? The bow itself has an image of a female figure carved out of it. You all must have come some ways, heard some tales. Does this object sound familiar to you?"

garyh

First Post
"I'm not really much for bows, myself," the dwarf replied, with a tap over his shoulder to his hammer. "It doesn't sound familiar, but I can tell it's important to you, lass. Maybe if you share some more about this wondrous bow's history, it might pry something loose from the ol' memory."

Shayuri

First Post
"It is sacred to Sehanine," Aliyas replies shortly...then grudgingly allows, "It was stolen some time ago from its keepers. I am trying to bring it back."

She looks at Illian and Peregrine. "Have either of you heard any talk of such a thing?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
One of the patrons sitting near the front perks his ears as he overhears Aliyas's inquiry.

"Aye, seems everyone's missin' a bit o' somethin' these days,"
he says loudly. He doesn't bother getting up as he speaks, and his flushed cheeks tell that he's likely not gotten up for some time now. "Blasted goblins comin' in an' tearin' up the place again, jus' when all that was bein' put behind us! Was it goblins that steal'd yer bow, too?"

Shayuri

First Post
The elf woman looks around and spies the speaker.

"I...didn't see the ones that took it," she answers darkly, but with a hint of shame. "The only ones of us that survived the attack were the ones who were out patrolling. The brutality of it could have been goblin...though it's hard to imagine goblins being organized enough to wage a battle like this. The grove was...it was well defended."

She looks away, a sudden wave of melancholy crashing over her.

"I am sorry that your town has been so troubled. Have you been sent reinforcements by your lord?"

Remove ads