• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IK] Corvis U. Discreet Investigation & Retrieval Union: Last DM Post 1/8 14:45 EST

Bobitron

Explorer
Alain adds his coin to the pot, and moves across the bridge with the group. He keeps his eyes sharp, aware of the guard's warning about street fighting. "We had best keep our wits about us, folks. We have enough to worry about without getting involved in a street gang fight. Let's move along, and get to the University post haste."

Khairn

First Post
Adding a silver, Cormyck smiles and nods at the guard, taking notice of the mans position, the area around him and any nearby nook's and poorly lit spaces between the buildings.

Afterall, Cormyck thought to himself without regret, you never know when I might have need of some fast money.

Once across the bridge, Cormyck will resume trailing his companions bt close to 80'.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Passing through the nighttime darkness of the Eastern Corvis, you eventually make your way over countless bridges to the closed gates of the University. A quick ring of the night bell brings the Sigbert, the porter who glances at you momentarily through the porthole before letting you through.

Lady Lloryrr leads through over the grassy Quad to the section of buildings which house the faculty offices. She pulls out a brass ring with countless keys on it and unlocks the door to Professor Pendrake’s office. She enters before the rest of you, making her way to the two oil lanterns which she lights with a punk from the fire.

Turning to the rest of you she gestures toward the fireplace, “If one of you could stoke this fire, we might get this room slightly above bone-chilling within the hour.” Next, she moves over to a central table and clears off various books and maps, “Now, let’s take a look at this book and see what was the cause of all this villainy.

Bobitron

Explorer
Blue_Genie[COLOR=DarkOrange said:
]“Now, let’s take a look at this book and see what was the cause of all this villainy."[/COLOR]

Alain bows with a flourish to Lady Lloryrr, and moves to add some fuel to the fire. "Harlan, I'm sure you are more than willing to get that book off your hands." He gives Harlan a slight smile. "I know I would if I were in your situation. By Morrow, it seems as though half of Khador has come south looking for that tome!"

He casts a concerned glance over at the women. "Is there anything I can get to make you more comfortable? Maybe a blanket to take away the chill? Perhaps I should ask Sigbert to wake the chef. I'm sure we could all use a late night snack. Oh, and tea! Musn't forget tea."

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, human sorcerer

Alaios stands at the back, watching and listening; somewhat interested in what information might be in the book. He looks at his nails and tries to look bored through

taitzu52

First Post
"Ahhh," says Harlan as he loosens the leather strap on his chest that was holding the book to the small of his back, "that's a lot better. I was beginning to feel like a mother hen!" He takes off his greatcoat and reaches behind him to pull the book up from out of his belt. Harlan moves over to Lady Lloryrr and puts the book down in front of her. He pulls a cigar out of his greatcoat pocket, leans his back against the doorpost, and lights up, a waft of oak and vanilla smoke filling the doorway. Out of the corner of his mouth he says, "Well, I for one would like to know if this old rag is worth dying for...again."

Last edited:

Remove ads