• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm back, what did I miss?

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
Hello all :) I have been mostly absent from gaming for the past year due to a horrible job (which I quit) and subsequent change of life-style (baby on the way!) I have _been_ gaming a bit, played around with the FATE rules some, did a bit of the World's Largest Dungeon.... But now that I am becoming (per force) more sedentary, I want to do some more gaming!

So! What is new and good that I should check out? What big announcements did I miss? I went over to WOTCs site and they have stuff for a second run of PH and DMG and a fourth run of MM? Are these worth it? What new games are out that must be tried?

Balsamic Dragon

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Congratulations on the upcoming cohort!

Although the thread got axed during our recent server crash and reboot (we lost 5 months of threads, ugh), there's a Boston Gameday near the end of July. You guys need to come.

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
We can come if it's actually in Boston, or within easy reach of Cambridge Hospital :) However, I'm due in August, so I'm not going to be doing too much traveling in late July!

I have this vision ... "double experience points if you have to deliver the GMs baby!"

When and where is it?

Balsamic Dragon

Wystan

Explorer
Balsamic Dragon said:
So! What is new and good that I should check out? What big announcements did I miss? I went over to WOTCs site and they have stuff for a second run of PH and DMG and a fourth run of MM? Are these worth it? What new games are out that must be tried?/QUOTE]

Actually they are not second runs, they are additional information as follows:

Players Handbook (Core)
->Players Handbook 2 (Additional Non-Core/Semi-Core Classes and such)

Dungeon Masters Guide (Core)
->Dungeon Masters Guide 2 (Additional Non-Core/Semi-Core Information for GM's)

Monster Manual (Core)
->Monster Manual 2 (Additional Core Monsters)
->Monster Manual 3 (Additional Core Monsters)
->Monster Manual 4 (Additional Core Monsters)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Piratecat said:
Although the thread got axed during our recent server crash and reboot (we lost 5 months of threads, ugh), there's a Boston Gameday near the end of July. You guys need to come.

Near the end of July. Oh, no, let me guess. It's scheduled to be while I'm in Hawai'i.

Dang it! Just once, I'd like to have my cake and eat it too. *sigh*

Balsamic Dragon said:
I have this vision ... "double experience points if you have to deliver the GMs baby!"

Hm. I expect my wife might have delivered more babies than anyone else likely to show up. Of course, none of those babies were human... :D

Qualidar

First Post
Umbran said:
Near the end of July. Oh, no, let me guess. It's scheduled to be while I'm in Hawai'i.
You, sir, have no room for complaint.

The Boston game day that PirateCat speaks of is actually in Attleboro, so it's not totally next door. I don't remember the date, but I'm sure KahunaBurger will repost details soon.

~Qualidar~

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Qualidar said:
You, sir, have no room for complaint.

The Boston game day that PirateCat speaks of is actually in Attleboro, so it's not totally next door. I don't remember the date, but I'm sure KahunaBurger will repost details soon.

~Qualidar~

July 22nd & 23rd

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Balsamic Dragon said:
We can come if it's actually in Boston, or within easy reach of Cambridge Hospital :) However, I'm due in August, so I'm not going to be doing too much traveling in late July!

When and where is it?

Balsamic Dragon

It's a tradition to have a pregnant GM at KahunaCon. You wouldn't want to break tradition would you? ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads