• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm looking for some opinions/direction

Ardenian

First Post
apparently my 1st attempt at this post was deleted...
-------------
Ashlindor Nightbringer
Ashes
Drow Elf Assassin
Dark vision 120’ – Immune to Sleep – Spell resistance
Assassin: 10th / Rogue: 10th
Str 16 / dex 21 / con 11 / int 18 / wis 11 / char 14

Equipment:
Dagger of Venom +3 [poison: ]
Eyes of Doom
Pearl of Power
Leather +1 (not worn)
Helm of Resurrection (5/day) + tattoo
Cloak of Protection +5
Rings of Natural Armor +4 (2 of these)
bracers of Natural Armor +4
Amulet of Natural Armor +2
-Adamantine Short Sword (2 of these)
Short Spear +3
Pale Green Ioun Stone
-Net
Deck of many things

Feats:
sunlight adaptation-improved initiative
-quick draw-2 weapon fighting-Twin sword style- Arterial strike
Quicken spell-Stealthy-Survivor
Evasion-Trap sense +3
Improved uncanny dodge-Hide in plain sight

Spells:
1st level:
Disguise self-True strike-Feather fall-Obscuring mist
2nd:
Spider climb-alter self-cats grace-fox cunning
3rd:
Deeper darkness-false life-non detection-deeper slumber
4th:
Dimension door-greater invisibility-poison-modify memory

Here is my character as he currently stands – I actually have 2 ability points I can add – which logic would dictate they get applied to DEX.. but I’m not sure.. I also have a few feats to choose. This is my 1st character using the v. 3.5.. which is why some of his feats are poor choices – I’m just not getting a handle on feats and skills as they stand in the 3.5 rules as opposed to the v. 1.0 I played for years. If anyone could lend some expertise, and their opinion on a direction I could take this character – it would be much appreciated. I was thinking about starting a Soulknife with this char. But Psionics are new to me, and I’m not sure having an Assassin/Rogue/Soulknife is a good idea. I’m maxed out as an assassin, and the rougue is fine – yet unspectacular…

Thoughts? Opinions??

Thanks in advance
[a]

Bagpuss

Legend
What you've posted seems too incomplete to give any opinions on. Although I can say I'd be tempted to put one attribute increase in Dex and the other in Con.

IcyCool

First Post
Your first post wasn't deleted, you put it in the wrong forum. You can find it in the General forum, here. Ask a moderator to merge the threads for you and keep them in one forum or the other.

Ardenian

First Post
too incomplete? um.. ok - what add'l info would be good - my skills and their levels?

basicly - i have a 10th level Rogue/10th level Assassin, and was looking for opnions on what other players would do with him..
-Continue leveling in Rogue or Assassin, even tho it may become too mundane
-Choose a 3rd class to start, like Soulknife
-take 1 level of Bard... just so you could do _________ .

i feel like he's stuck in a rut - thats all..

IcyCool

First Post
Ardenian said:
too incomplete? um.. ok - what add'l info would be good - my skills and their levels?

basicly - i have a 10th level Rogue/10th level Assassin, and was looking for opnions on what other players would do with him..
-Continue leveling in Rogue or Assassin, even tho it may become too mundane
-Choose a 3rd class to start, like Soulknife
-take 1 level of Bard... just so you could do _________ .

i feel like he's stuck in a rut - thats all..

As was pointed out in the thread in the General forum, you are a 20th level character (actually, you are the equivalent of a 22 level character, unless you've used the variant LA buyoff in UA). As such, you would now start to use the Epic rules from the Epic level handbook. Which means you could continue taking levels in Assassin as far as you wanted to go. I would cauton against picking up multiple base classes, as you'll hit an experience penalty as soon as you've got two non-favored classes farther than 2 levels apart.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Oh my god you need more Con.

IMHO, straight Rogue is better than Rogue / Assassin at 20th level. With your fantastic Use Magic Device check, you could use Wands and Staves to cast anything, and with Staves it'd be at your full caster level.

What sources are available to you? Just the PHB/DMG, or can you dig into splatbooks (suppliments)?

Cheers, -- N

Ardenian

First Post
IcyCool said:
actually, you are the equivalent of a 22 level character, unless you've used the variant LA buyoff in UA).

sorry - noob here - i have no idea what variant LA buyoff means - and i'll assume UA is Unearthed Arcana, which i do not have.

IcyCool

First Post
Ardenian said:
sorry - noob here - i have no idea what variant LA buyoff means - and i'll assume UA is Unearthed Arcana, which i do not have.

Take a look in the Monster Manual at the entry for Drow. You'll note that they have a Level Adjustment of +1 or +2 (I can't remember which). This means that a 1st level drow (assuming LA +1) character is the equivalent of a 2nd level human character. In essence, the drow needs more experience to gain levels. If this isn't sounding at all familiar to you, I should probably ask if you have played this character under the 3.x rules.

Ardenian

First Post
ive played him under 3.5 rules - the whole time - although, 3.5 is totally new to me - and my DM allows for flexible rules in his settings - so maybe the LA was eliminated - i have never had to deal with that up to this point.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads