I'm Lost - can someomne tell me what is Lost about? - give me spoilers!!!

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Which is why I never watched more than the first episode. It was very clear that there was no way to clear up what was going on without either ending the show or heading it off into a completely different direction. And there was so much buzz on it, it was clear they weren't going to reveal very much, especially if they wanted to get it renewed. Screw that. I want a story that has a beginning, a middle and an end, not a beginning, a bunch of unrelated snippets until just before cancellation, then, maybe, a rushed ending.

Taelorn76

First Post
Ed_Laprade said:
Which is why I never watched more than the first episode. It was very clear that there was no way to clear up what was going on without either ending the show or heading it off into a completely different direction. And there was so much buzz on it, it was clear they weren't going to reveal very much, especially if they wanted to get it renewed. Screw that. I want a story that has a beginning, a middle and an end, not a beginning, a bunch of unrelated snippets until just before cancellation, then, maybe, a rushed ending.

I am sorry but I don't see how you could have come to that conclusion after just the first episode. Nothing was revealed that would make you think that they were anywhere else but some forgotten island

Rackhir

Explorer
Ed_Laprade said:

The show is plotted out for a 5 yr arc, with cut outs should they have been forced to end the series early. So it is in fact designed to have a beginning, middle and end.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Rackhir said:
The show is plotted out for a 5 yr arc, with cut outs should they have been forced to end the series early. So it is in fact designed to have a beginning, middle and end.
Ah ha! With all the hoopla about it, I managed to miss that minor point!

John Crichton

First Post
Ed_Laprade said:
That is certainly one way to look at it, but for TV shows (as opposed to feature films or novels) are typically fluid and the journey is the entertainment & reward.

And to boot, Lost has some of the best writing on TV and probably only behind Grey's Anatomy, the most interesting characters and character interactions currently broadcast. Others said it above and I'll repeat: come for the Weird and stay for the characters and stories.

This is also a great show for D&D fans! I won't spoil it but the last scene that contained main characters in the S2 finale was a total D&D moment. The show is full of them, including some traps and puzzles thrown in for proper measure.

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
Lost is almost as good as House, as long as Hurley or Locke is featured prominently in the episode. That's about how I'd sum it up these days. If you're a female, I understand that Jack and Sawyer are good eye candy from listening to women twitter about them in a huddle. House is probably more fun, but it doesn't have Hurley yet.

Remove ads