• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E I'm not gonna do 4E

Doctor DM

First Post
I'm really happy with 3.5, I have a ton of money invested in it, and have been playing it for a long time. I don't care about 4E. I'm sure it will be awesome and really cool, but I don't think I'm going to spend 100 + dollars on it when I already have a great game.

Anyone else with me?

pawsplay

Hero
I'm already interested in any number of other good games, I would be happy to buy another game that says D&D on the cover if it's worthwhile.

Aus_Snow

First Post
I don't particularly care either way.

I'll play whatever is going [within reason], and I'll run whatever I want to run.

This is not about to change any millennium soon. :)

Doctor DM

First Post
Whoah, that was FAST!

I'll have to see it, if it's really, REALLY superiour, like say, the difference between 3rd and 2nd edition, then MAYBE.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
mhacdebhandia said:
No. I'll play Fourth Edition if I think it's a better game.
]

Same here. I didn't invest a huge amount in 3.0 or 3.5 outside of the core books and some of the better WoTC hardbacks, but even so the amount I invested doesn't matter much to me if the game plays better. I had much more in 1E and 2E and I dropped both of those as newer editions came out because I saw how much better they were.

Thanee

First Post
Since 4th edition is the best thing in the universe, everyone is going to play it. Don't fool yourself!!

Bye
Thanee

Elephant

First Post
Gee, did they announce 4e recently?

If you don't wanna switch, don't switch. There are still a few people who refuse to "give in to The Man" and play 2e instead of 3e. You'll be a new version of them.

OTOH, if 4e is better than 3e, why not switch? Most people seem to want to play something that is "supported" - which seems to be code for "publishing more books for me to buy".

Personally, I don't plan on buying any 4e materials...when it is eventually released, but that's because I'm kinda broke and don't play D&D these days rather than any anti-4e sentiment.

Hussar

Legend
Really, I barely switched to 3.5. I've bought the 3.5 PHB, Tome of Magic and PHB 2. The SRD does it for all my other needs pretty much with a couple of gaps filled in by the 3e DMG.

So, really, switching to 4e wouldn't be a huge jump for me. I'll likely do the same thing - core + whatever REALLY, REALLY interests me.

Remove ads