I'm Opening a Game Store this Saturday

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
Wishing you all the best! It’s a long way from where I am, but if I ever find myself in the neighborhood I will swing by and at least buy a mini.

Reynard

Legend
Congratulations and best of luck!

One question: do you plan on doing retailer support for Kickstarters and other crowdfunded RPGs (assuming it is a thing you would want to carry at all, of course)? I am curious because I don't see it very often and I think it is too bad. I fear that many cool games just disappear into the ether only to maybe show up on as a curiosity at a garage sale someday because KS seems so powerful in the RPG space. I wish more retailers carried the new hotness.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
College town, so that makes sense (and the name is a sly allusion to that).

With all its students and former military, Virginia has, at times, had a pretty good game store scene--but also a lot of fluctuations. I have been away for a while. Much competition around?

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
Congratulations and best of luck!

One question: do you plan on doing retailer support for Kickstarters and other crowdfunded RPGs (assuming it is a thing you would want to carry at all, of course)? I am curious because I don't see it very often and I think it is too bad. I fear that many cool games just disappear into the ether only to maybe show up on as a curiosity at a garage sale someday because KS seems so powerful in the RPG space. I wish more retailers carried the new hotness.

I do back a lot of Kickstarters at the Retailer level. One thing that turns me off about that, though, is when there's a KS that is more than, say, six months away from fulfillment and the retail pledge is for the full amount. It makes it hard to have that much cash outstanding. My preference is for the retailer pledge to be at a minimal amount, and we make up the difference once it is ready to fulfill.

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
College town, so that makes sense (and the name is a sly allusion to that).

With all its students and former military, Virginia has, at times, had a pretty good game store scene--but also a lot of fluctuations. I have been away for a while. Much competition around?

There's one other game store in town, but they cater largely to MtG.

Remove ads