D&D 5E I'm running an adventure for first time players this weekend

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Might want to consider a Warlock instead of the Paladin character, or just throw the Warlock in as a possible extra selection so you have 3 spellcaster choices and 3 martial choices.
I've decided to do Bard instead of Paladin. I think it's a fun class with a lot of good roleplay potential.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
The adventure went great! We just wrapped up.

It wound up just being two players, but that was perfect for this introduction. One chose a Tiefling Sorcerer, and the other a Half-Elf Bard.

They explored a lot around the tower before going in. They discovered a porticullis at the back of the tower covered in bushes, and burned the bushes to see inside.

There wound up being an intense battle with the skeletons on the staircase. Then they decided to just go up the staircase instead of exploring the other rooms!

One character managed to loop the rope around a sconce, but failed their check and fell off the rope. Luckily the bard had Feather Fall!

When the sorcerer fell, they saw some treasure in the flooded pit. The bard dove down and was really excited to become wealthy. They then searched for more treasure around the bottom floor and found the unconscious thief. They didn't want to share any treasure, so after getting some information they knocked her back out! They did figure out how to get the treasure hidden in the unicorn's statue.

On the rooftop, the characters figured out pretty quickly to remove the crown from the tyrant's corpse. The sorcerer cast their last spell, Fog Cloud, to protect them from the giant crow. They were happy to skip the battle!

Both players had a great time and want to play again. Success!

TheSword

Legend
The adventure went great! We just wrapped up.

It wound up just being two players, but that was perfect for this introduction. One chose a Tiefling Sorcerer, and the other a Half-Elf Bard.

They explored a lot around the tower before going in. They discovered a porticullis at the back of the tower covered in bushes, and burned the bushes to see inside.

There wound up being an intense battle with the skeletons on the staircase. Then they decided to just go up the staircase instead of exploring the other rooms!

One character managed to loop the rope around a sconce, but failed their check and fell off the rope. Luckily the bard had Feather Fall!

When the sorcerer fell, they saw some treasure in the flooded pit. The bard dove down and was really excited to become wealthy. They then searched for more treasure around the bottom floor and found the unconscious thief. They didn't want to share any treasure, so after getting some information they knocked her back out! They did figure out how to get the treasure hidden in the unicorn's statue.

On the rooftop, the characters figured out pretty quickly to remove the crown from the tyrant's corpse. The sorcerer cast their last spell, Fog Cloud, to protect them from the giant crow. They were happy to skip the battle!

Both players had a great time and want to play again. Success!
So glad it worked really well. Congratulations - no feeling like!

I’ve just done session 2 of my new pirate campaign. A new campaign is an amazing feeling.

Remove ads