IMAGES FROM THE MEGAMANIA STORYHOUR AND RELATED

As you may have guessed by now I enjoy comic books and they influence me greatly for style. I enjoy the overactive and exaggerated nature. So now I have an image done from my Strikeforce: Morituri Storyhour. We tried to restart this series but it is hard to do. It is Epic level adventure involving multiple and alternate universes. One included the Maestro.

The Maestro is a future based Incredible Hulk whom has become evil. To get the "Hulk" feel I had to load him up with magically enhanced items including metal gauntlets, bracers and even Ioun Stones. Someday, I still wish to return to this.

STRIKEFORCE.jpg

DARKSUN was the first campaign world I ever DM'd and remains special to me. Back in the day, I really-really-really wanted to do a Darksun Comic Book. I got two pages done then took a break. This comic book and the other attempts were the beginnings of the Under A Darksun ( I and II) Storyhour.

Though old, it remains a favorite of mine as it was the first time I combined my love of Comics and of Darksun.

UNDER A DARKSUN COMIC.jpg

below is a color book I did later and will discuss later

Attachments

• UNDER A DARKSUN COMIC COLOR 2.jpg
    UNDER A DARKSUN COMIC COLOR 2.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 189

I often take a long time from conception to actually producing an adventure. When this happens there are changes. I first came up with Athas Faerun years ago as a group that traveled to Xen'drik. After several revamps, including a started plot layout for an Eberron comic book I came with another Hidden group. I found two drawings of key characters. In both cases they changed a great deal from conception to now. Here we have the beginning stages of the Valley girl Emerald. From Green Topaz we go Emerald.

GREEN TOPAZ.jpg

Seems most of my stuff is Hidden related. I suppose that is most likely because it is the most current subject and I have three Storyhours dedicated to it. Another favorite of mine is the brutish warrior Borys Grudgemaker. Nothing like a Relentless template added to a villain. I fully enjoyed writing about his "resurrection".

BORYS FIGURE.jpg

BORYS GRUDGEMAKER.jpg

I have a second Relentless figure coming to The Hidden shortly. I just used him last night for the first time and have yet to do the Storyhour. If you are a comicbook fan you may have heard of him- Gilad annipadda..... The Eternal Warrior.

It has been so long I don't remember if I used this guy in my Under A Darksun. He is a Thrax villain. We have vampires.... Athas has Thrax. They suck out the moisture from your body.

UNDER A DARKSUN 2.jpg

Something I love to use as a DM Tool in Eberron is the use of newspapers and publications. I date each on Mondays. I try to give hints to the current plot or foreshadow events. Sometimes it creates ideas I had not thought of before.

One of the things I like to do is have a direct connection of the storyhours and the novels. In this paper, I refer to events from two separate novels series. Each reshape the future of Eberron.

KORRANBERG.jpg

Here I have a copy of the Sharn Inquisitive also. In it we have a nod of the head to John Play when he returns from Xen'drik with the Drow Barbarian Avireal.

SHARN INQUIS.jpg

Remove ads