• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immediate Reaction, Immediate Interrupt

Sal

First Post
Could someone explain to me how these actions work with a couple of examples.

I would greatly appreciate this.

Thanks in advance.

Sal

Vaeron

Explorer
Quick examples.

Immediate Reaction - someone hits you, you instantly smack them back. If their attack kills you, your attack never happens.

Immediate Interrupt - someone tries to hit you, but you can hit them first. If your attack kills them, their attack never happens.

Tervin

First Post
Something that came up in play:

If you try to use a daily power but get knocked unconscious by an immediate interrupt (like an opportunity attack) - will you still have the power when you wake up?

I thought one way, the DM another. As we were basically playtesting I didn't even bother stating my opinion. :)

I think it's stated under the description for immediate interrupts that the target interrupted keeps the power if it's not used, though the action itself is wasted. I could be wrong though, the system is only a few days old.

Keenath

Explorer
It says you lose the action if your target becomes invalid. You lose the action, not the power; if you don't have a standard action any more, you can't have spent a power that requires a standard action.

Rule of thumb: If you didn't make the attack roll, you didn't expend the power. If you did, you did.

Remove ads