• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immediate Reaction Question

Baumi

Adventurer
If you have a Power (Monster or PC) with an Immediate Reaction that triggers with a "when hit by a creature", does it Trigger before or after the damage?

If you have a Power (Monster or PC) with an Immediate Reaction that triggers with a "when hit by a creature", does it Trigger before or after the damage?

I believe after the damage b/c if it would trigger before damage was dealt, it would be interrupting the process and therefore would/should be an immediate interrupt.

Jhaelen

First Post
I think, an immediate _reaction_ would trigger after the damage. Only an immediate interrupt could occur between a hit and taking damage.

Could you give an example of such a power?

Baumi

Adventurer
Sadly not, a Friend asked me if that is possible. In a past Adventure we fought Assassins that could teleport once per round on a hit and it seems that it was a Immediate Reaction.

Sadly not, a Friend asked me if that is possible. In a past Adventure we fought Assassins that could teleport once per round on a hit and it seems that it was a Immediate Reaction.

This is still very useful. As an example, we were fighting a Hydra in a swamp one session. As the Hydra's health went down, it gained more heads and thusly, more attacks. I'm wailing away on the the thing with my Avenger when it attacks me. By this time, it had 8 heads. Each head gets an attack roll. The first attack hit, so I invoked "Resonant Escape" which is an immediate reaction. I took the damage from the first hit, then teleported away. The other 7 attacks all automatically missed because I wasn't there anymore. So its good against multiple attacks.

Mr. Hydra wasn't happy. :)

Remove ads