Immortals Index (Pantheons, Mythology Discussion)

dante58701

Banned
Banned
I actually agree with that. It would save a lot of room, especially since aspects and avatars vary from aspect to aspect and avatar to avatar.

Hey guys! :)

thanks for the feedback. However, Avatar and Aspect stats might see more play overall than the Manifestation stats. So I am not sure I agree with just cutting them out.

I'm thinking of (for the future) three column stat blocks for the Manifestation/Avatar/Aspect, much in the same way you would see Elemental Stat Blocks go across the page.

As for condensing the other stuff, I suppose thats an option I'll look into.

Say, U_K, how do you decide on the HD for immortals? Simply dividing the 1E hit points of an immortal by 4 to get their 3E HD like here (www.immortalshandbook.com/freestuff2.htm) isn't really consistent, especially considering that in the 1E Deities and Demigods book, there were several gods that had less hit points than gods of a lower divine status. For instance, how did you arrive at 76 HD for Hades, 78 HD for Poseidon, 106 HD for Zeus, 118 HD for Odin, 120 HD for Surtur, and 147 HD for Apsu? Do you have a list of all the HDs and divine statuses for the various gods?

Also, how would the entities from the Cthulhu mythos be placed into divine statuses using the IHB system? The Call of Cthulhu d20 book by WotC places them from demigod to greater deity status, with Cthulhu and the King in Yellow being demigods, Shub-Niggurath and Yog-Sothoth being intermediate deities, and Azathoth being the only greater deity (which is a bit weak for a being of his magnitude). Since you said here (www.immortalshandbook.com/freestuff17.htm) that Shub-Niggurath, Yog-Sothoth, and "Algol" (who's just a copyright-safe version of Azathoth) are all old ones, then the other entities of the Cthulhu mythos should be upgraded accordingly. At what rank would Cthulhu and the King in Yellow be at, for example?

For Azathoth/Algol, I'm guessing that he'd be a 200 HD old one. Table 2-16 in page 41 of Ascension lists down Limbo, the first one of the Far Place, as having 301 HD. Azathoth/Algol is the old one of Limbo (the outer plane), so he's most likely a greater aspect of Limbo (the first one). In other words, Azathoth/Algol would basically be just like Limbo, only one divine status lower, so Azathoth/Algol would have 2/3rds as much HD as Limbo. 2/3rds of 301 HD is roughly 200 HD. Am I doing it right?

S'mon

Legend
Hiya mate! :)

Adslahnit said:
Say, U_K, how do you decide on the HD for immortals? Simply dividing the 1E hit points of an immortal by 4 to get their 3E HD like here (www.immortalshandbook.com/freestuff2.htm) isn't really consistent, especially considering that in the 1E Deities and Demigods book, there were several gods that had less hit points than gods of a lower divine status. For instance, how did you arrive at 76 HD for Hades, 78 HD for Poseidon, 106 HD for Zeus, 118 HD for Odin, 120 HD for Surtur, and 147 HD for Apsu? Do you have a list of all the HDs and divine statuses for the various gods?

Well you can convert them from 1E if you want using the divide by 4 and then multiply by either 1.5 or 2 or 3 or 4 to get within the correct HD tier.

eg. 1E Lolth had 66hp = 16 HD multiplied by 4 to get her into the Intermediate Tier (if you'd place her there?).

I do have a list of all Pantheon heads somewhere where I decided who I thought should be the most powerful and tried to even out the alignments.

For Pantheons I usually have 9 Intermediate and 9 Lesser. So I usually make them fill all the even numbers (easier for working out Avatars). So Thor and Poseidon would be near the top of the intermediate gods for their respective pantheons - hence the 78 HD.

Also, how would the entities from the Cthulhu mythos be placed into divine statuses using the IHB system? The Call of Cthulhu d20 book by WotC places them from demigod to greater deity status, with Cthulhu and the King in Yellow being demigods, Shub-Niggurath and Yog-Sothoth being intermediate deities, and Azathoth being the only greater deity (which is a bit weak for a being of his magnitude). Since you said here (www.immortalshandbook.com/freestuff17.htm) that Shub-Niggurath, Yog-Sothoth, and "Algol" (who's just a copyright-safe version of Azathoth) are all old ones, then the other entities of the Cthulhu mythos should be upgraded accordingly. At what rank would Cthulhu and the King in Yellow be at, for example?

If we increase them all equally then they move up two tiers of divine status. So Demigod Cthulhu becomes Intermediate God Cthulhu.

For Azathoth/Algol, I'm guessing that he'd be a 200 HD old one. Table 2-16 in page 41 of Ascension lists down Limbo, the first one of the Far Place, as having 301 HD. Azathoth/Algol is the old one of Limbo (the outer plane), so he's most likely a greater aspect of Limbo (the first one). In other words, Azathoth/Algol would basically be just like Limbo, only one divine status lower, so Azathoth/Algol would have 2/3rds as much HD as Limbo. 2/3rds of 301 HD is roughly 200 HD. Am I doing it right?

Its weird but I have sort of been thinking Limbus would be akin to Shub-Niggurath only really big, Algol would be an Old One and then Yog-Sothoth would be an Elder One.

Remove ads