• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immune to Dazed?

Psimancer

First Post
Our group is currently debating an issue, and I thought I would inject some external insight into the argument:

Is the fact that creatures immune to the Stunned condition (such as undead & constructs) are NOT immune to the Dazed condition either intentional, an oversight (that should be houseruled), or is incorrect (we are missing something)?

Thanks,

Psimancer

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I don't know if it's intentional or an oversight, but it's not incorrect... save to note that the majority of things that can induce the Dazed condition are [Mind-Affecting], and undead and constructs are immune to those.

A Daze spell, for example, will have no effect on a Shield Guardian; a Blasphemy spell, on the other hand, could Daze it, since the spell is not [Mind-Affecting].

-Hyp.

Last edited:

Psimancer

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
I don't know if it's intentional or an oversight, but it's not incorrect... save to note that the majority of things that can induce the Dazed condition are [Mind-Affecting], and undead and constructs are immune to those.
The only creature type I can think of, of the top of my head, that is affected by [Mind-Affecting] and is Immune to Stunning would be an Elemental...

Angelus789

First Post
Our group is currently debating an issue, and I thought I would inject some external insight into the argument:

Is the fact that creatures immune to the Stunned condition (such as undead & constructs) are NOT immune to the Dazed condition either intentional, an oversight (that should be houseruled), or is incorrect (we are missing something)?

Thanks,

Psimancer

Take care of the following loophole though:

A typical exploitable loophole here would be to have all undead spellcasters of a high enough level use the Celerity spells from PHB2. Said spells (which are cast as an Immediate action) and grant the caster either a move-, standard- or full action, with the cost of becoming dazed until the end of his/her next turn.

I'd recommend interpreting that as "becoming affected as 'dazed' until the end of......"

Remove ads