• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

immune to mind affecting abilities

Luigiana

First Post
hey

i might have dreamed about it, but im pretty sure its real.
do there exist a magical item which gives u immunity to mind affecting abilities?

Greenfield

Adventurer
Sort of. There's a bit of a ritual involved.

It's called a Lich's Phylactry, and the ritual involves you dying.

Other than that though... :)

Greenfield

Adventurer
Resistant? Anything that bumps your Will Save does that.

Immune? There are templates, I know. There may in fact be items, to be truthful. I honestly don't know. I suspect that they'd be expensive, possibly even Epic.

My response was and off-the-cuff smartassism.

Sekhmet

First Post
If you bought this item, it would ever be referred to as the "Luigiana Purchase."

I have a weakness for puns.
I hate you.

Also, Helmet or Amulet of Mindblank - Spell Level 8 x Caster Level 15 x 2,000 (continuous) / 1/2 (24 hour duration) = 120,000 / 2 (creation cost is 1/2 market price) = 60,000 for continuous Mind Blank.

emoplato

First Post
In the Magic of Incarnum there is a chakra bind(crown) called an Enigma Helm for Incarnates and Soulborns. Though, to be honest a Totemist L5 are much better than either one just take a shape soulmeld. The other option would be to take a race from there, shape soulmeld, and open least chakra(crown) works too if you just want the one, still two feats though.

Last edited:

Wyvernhand

First Post
DMGII has the Ring of Mental Fortitude
DMGII said:
Effect: This ring protects the wearer against all mind-affecting spells and abilities as long as it is worn. She need not make any saving throws against these effects; they simply fail to affect her.

There is also the Cowl of Warding from Magic of Faerun which comes with built in Freedom of Movement, and the Third Eye: Conceal from XPH/MIC which takes up the otherwise crappy face slot.

Consult this guide for all of your high level equipping needs. Cover ALL of these bases, either via spells, abilities, or items, or you will probably die. Or worse.

Empirate

First Post
And there's the Greenstone Amulet, which grants total immunity to mind-affecting, but I forget where it's located. Some Faerûn sourcebook.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads