• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Imperial Age Adventures?

Walt C

Explorer
One of the obstacles of designing adventures for the Imperial Age is the fact that the product line casts a wide net. An adventure that works for a Holmesian mystery campaign might not work for a steampunk campaign and vice versa. (Incidentally, this is why the supplements use a historical base; it's easy to adapt and useful for a common frame of reference).

I'd like to do a short adventure path of maybe three adventures. I thought feedback from IA GMs and readers could help me decide how to proceed.

So, without further ado:

What kinds of Imperial Age campaigns are you currently running (and at what levels)?

If you aren't running an IA campaign, what are you planning to run?

What sorts of adventures would be most useful to you?

Thanks!

Walt Ciechanowski
Imperial Age Line Developer
Adamant Entertainment

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Personally, I would enjoy seeing Victorian horror adventures. With that said, I really liked the approach taken in the Thrilling Tales adventure The Mummy's Revenge - it was really two adventures one supernatural, one a mystery. Perhaps a similar approach would work in any Imperial Age adventures. The Sherlock Holmes stories The Hound of the Bakservilles and The Sussex Vampire come to mind - the supernatural is suspected, but a logical explanation is finally revealed.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I really need to be buying the entire line. My dnd homebrew is heavily based on the Victorian Era (well the civilized lands anyway [this is where my copy of Masque of the Red Death D20 helps flesh it out]), and is at conjunction where magic and technology are being used together to implent some devices found on modern day earth. But, as soon as I can get my hands on $56 (likely in January) I'll be buying the whole lot.

Also, I imagine the engine supplement is what I need to figure out how to bring about a sort of industrial revolution (printing presses, mass manufaturing, etc...)

Last edited:

demongg

First Post
Walt C said:
What kinds of Imperial Age campaigns are you currently running (and at what levels)?

GAME: "Victorian AVENGERS 1888"
GENRE: Super Heroes RPG
RULES: Mutants & Masterminds 2nd Edition
THE SCOOP:
In this game I've gathered comic book fans first, RPGers second and
its working! I'm GMing this co-created world in which all the players
choose a Marvel Comics character that is/was an Avenger. They then
"re-imagine" the character into an idea set for the Victorian Era. The
group are about "X-men Level" strength at Power Level 8; 127 Power
Points. We've got 4 games under are belt and going strong.
LINKS:
http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/AGE_OF_WONDERS_-_"The_IMPERIALS"
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FridayGameGang/

Walt C said:
If you aren't running an IA campaign, what are you planning to run?

I also run a D&D game using the Midnight setting.

Walt C said:
What sorts of adventures would be most useful to you?

Mystery based adventure that are open and adaptable enough for me to use for supers. A thought is to make them multi-use so that they could be used by CoC level games, Supers games, Steampunck tech, etc... Adventures that could be solved with hard work but not just foiled by the PC in a campaign with super powers or magics.
A good mystery, cool clues, interesting ways/descriptions to make things "feel" the flavor of the Victorian Era.

If there was any one thing I'm trying hard to discover is what makes my supers game in 1888 different from one set in 2008 - beyond the simple set pieces. I'm trying to think of cultural things that influence the time/people more and more in incorporate.

Also... different locations.
I'm banging my head right now trying to think of some cool stuff for an "African Safari" one-shot adventure to insert this week.....
help anyone? :)

hope that helps.
I've seen your products but don't know how much more useful they'd be compared to all my other Victorian Era game materials and resource books.
What makes you IA products better than Cthulhu by Gaslight or any of the Castle Falkenstein or Victorian Vampire, etc... stuff?

thanks
-kev-

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads