• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Implanted Psicrystal

harikus

First Post
I went to a covention on the weekend and during downtime I would frequent the tabletop room to see what was going on and get into some uick games. I met this guy who was using a psion telepath. I asked about his Psicrystal and he said he took a feat called implanted Psicrystal. When I went homes quick google search only revealed a website but left me with questions. Is this officially part of the literature? And if so which book? Also how does the initiative bonus progress a epic levels? I assume its int is the same and also does t get once a day powers like a bormal Psicrystal? It sounded like an incredible feat. Power resist high initiative and reroll one a day on int based checks.

Ahnehnois

First Post
It is not part of the SRD, meaning that it was not in the Expanded Psionics Handbook. I do not see it on the WotC feat list either, and I am not familiar with it. I would thus surmise that it came from third party source, though I cannot tell where. I'm inclined to agree with your assessment that it doesn't look like a very balanced feat, but it's hard to know what's going on here without reading it in context in the original source.

There might be something similar in the Mind's Eye Archive on the WotC site. There's a PrC there that involves inserting crystal into your body. I don't recall anything looking exactly like that though.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Yeah, I remember this. It's from the third-party product that CAFRedblade linked to above (Dreamscarred Press makes the best psionic material).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads