• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IMPORTANT INFO For Parents

chakken98

First Post
Hello all,

First off I want to let everyone know that I will post the make, model and serial number of the product that will be discussing below as soon as I can get it from my home as I left it on the table before I left for work. But I figured that I'd pass this information to all the parents, aunts/uncles etc...that might be interested or already own this product. So you don't have to go though what I did last night

Last night my 11 month old daughter broke her right arm due to a defective crib/playpin combo. The darn thing collapse down and cause her poor little arm to snap. As a parent I want the safest product for my children, but after examining the crib/playpin I found that one of the bars that holds the crib portion up was not only 1/2 inch to 1 inch smaller then it should be but that it was also not bent in the right way (but that could be from the collapse) to support a child. As I said above I will post the product info ASAP incase any of you might have or be thinking about buying this product. I intend to right a letter to the company to have them review this thing to find if there might be any defects to help out also.

I do know that it was purchased for us at Babies R Us. UPDATE to this will happen as soon as I can get it. Most likely in a few hours.

rom90125

Banned
Banned
Holy crap! Is your daughter doing ok?

It is this kind of story that freaks me out as a father. I do everything I can to protect my kids, and it still isn't enough.

chakken98

First Post
She is doing as well as she can be (she also did a hell of alot better then my wife and me at the hospital. She is a trooper :D ), her arm is in a sling at the moment and I have to go the Orthopedic in 2 hours so they can look at it (most likely they will put a cast or hard brace on it). But I just want other parents that might have this stupid thing to check it out....well once I get all the information for you all....But I do appricate all your concern for my baby girl. Its nice to know there are caring people still left in the world... :lol:

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I'm sorry to hear about your little girl's broken arm. I can definitely empathize. My 2 year old son is an accident waiting to happen. Thankfully, nothing more the scrapes and bruises yet, but since he's been known to go down the slide head-first into the woodchips, I can only assume it's a matter of time before he does something serious.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
hope the little one is OK!

we don't have anything like that, just a regular crib, but it's not in the best of shape either.

Huw

First Post
Sorry to hear about your daughter's injury. Speaking from experience, I can tell you that little children are really tough. They're growing so quickly that they can bounce back from just about anything.

My son, from the ages of one till two and a half, was undergoing chemotherapy and surgery for cancer. At one point he had tubes going into his body and his bottom half was encased in plaster to prevent his bones breaking, they were so weak. Within days of coming out of the plaster he was walking quite normally. Now he's six, and all he has to show for his illness are a few minor scars.

So, hope your daughter gets well soon and good luck getting compensation.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I hope your daughter is doing OK. Please report this to the CPSC so they can track the incidents and if needed push for a recall. You can report the incident here

Sorry to read of your misfortune. At least sounds like she will be okay. I appreciate your getting the word out on this product also.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads