• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Important! Interview opportunity - what do you want to know about the GSL?

Orcus

First Post
1. Is there, in fact, a "poison pill" provision requiring publishers to make a choice to support either 4E or 3E?
2. If so, what is the mechanic to enforce that choice?
3. To the extent this question is not covered by (2), above, does the GSL preclude the further use of either one or the other license? If so, how?
4. If a publisher adopts the GSL, can that publisher continue to sell prior backstock of previously open products (presuming d20 logos are removed)? And if so, with what restrictions, if any?
5. Is there a revocation clause in the GSL and if so what triggers revocation?
6. If a publisher adopts 4E through the GSL and is required to forgo support of 3E, may a publisher provide supplemental downloads with 3E content to support that 4E product?

Clark

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I know its probably too late but one more:

If a publisher adopts the 4e GSL, will they be allowed to use it in perpetuity, or does WotC maintain the right to revoke it at will?

Mondbuchstaben

First Post
I'm a bit surprised. I posted a question yesterday, inside the one-hour timeframe, and I saw the post after submitting it - - - but now it's gone.
It may be too late for the official interview but this is a question that needs an answer sooner or later:

If there is a "poison pill" clause, what does that mean for GSL material published through "Published By Lulu" (or similar venues)?

Explanation: Lulu and other PoD services can provide customers with ISBNs (so that the books can be sold via Amazon or be listed in the book trade). Some of those services make the PoD publisher legally the publisher of a work.
If there is a "poison pill" clause it will prohibit GSL users to use the "Published By Lulu" service since there will most certainly be an older OGL product in the catalogue for that Lulu acts as the publisher.
(The fact that neither I nor Lulu can tell if there is such a product doesn't make things easier.)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Mondbuchstaben said:
I'm a bit surprised. I posted a question yesterday, inside the one-hour timeframe, and I saw the post after submitting it - - - but now it's gone.
There are two threads. The other one is in the OGL forum, and you posted it in there. :)

I'm not sure if we asked that one specifically. I'll have to go back and check.

Remove ads