• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Improved Critical worth it?

Moleculo

First Post
What about a scimitar +1, keen, vorpal, "the enchantment that makes it hit as if it was +5", flaming, frost, shocking!! Or a Brilliant Energy, Keen, +5 scimitar. That would check crit very often hehe.

Jake

Caliber

Explorer
Scythe

If you want to talk uber weapon get a +5 Scythe of Flaming Burst, Icy Burst, and Schocking.

Assuming a 20 Strength (not too hard to imagine since you have a +10 weapon) and weapon spec in scythes, you are doing:

8d4 + 28 + 20 + 8 + 3d10 + 3d10 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6

On a crit you are talking an average damage of 128.

Improved Critical can be worth it. :D

green slime

First Post
The reason the armour of choice is adamantine fullplate of heavy fortification...

All my sneak attack/critical worries just disappeared. I never leave home without it!

Munchkin... all of you...... Munchkins!!!!!!

Just kidding. I think Improved Crit is a great feat. It is a good boooster for lower level fighters and give them the theat every so often punching hard with the weapon. From an RPG perspective..... yes just hold on..... It signifies further mastery with your weapon, that you really understand how to use your weapon and make it hurt.

I build my characters fro mthe perspective of what fits with my story for them, not what makes their numbers better. Well most of the time.

Last edited:

Remove ads