• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Improved Spring Attack?

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I don't see any problem with those feats. There is a real need for more high level feats to make fighters more interesting to play after 12th level. As it stands now, once you get greater weapon specialization, there's no good reason not to start multi-classing. I think that these feats are a good start.

Last edited:

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
War Golem said:
Whirlwind Spring Attack (Epic), BAB 21+, 1 single attack at highest attack bonus on each opponent within reach during the course of a regular move action.

Yikes. That one sounds really powerful. With a high enough movement rate and a large reach, you could concievably run through the ranks of an opposing army and attack everyone.

UltimaGabe

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:
Yikes. That one sounds really powerful. With a high enough movement rate and a large reach, you could concievably run through the ranks of an opposing army and attack everyone.

Which is what Epic-level characters are meant to do. A Wizard can hit an entire army with a Fireball or Meteor Swarm before Epic Levels, so why can't the Fighter do something similar when he's Epic?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
War Golem said:
Whirlwind Spring Attack (Epic), BAB 21+, 1 single attack at highest attack bonus on each opponent within reach during the course of a regular move action.

Thoughts?

Too powerful as stated. A dragon could concievably get this and fly 200ft making an attack against every opponent within 15ft of its flightpath! How many attacks is *that* in 6 seconds?!?

At most I'd allow the PC to move, perform a whirlwind attack, and then move again.

Cheers

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Plane Sailing said:
At most I'd allow the PC to move, perform a whirlwind attack, and then move again.

You can pull it off pre-epic with a Psychic Warrior/Weapon Master.

Move, Ki Whirlwind, then manifest Hustle to Move again.

-Hyp.

War Golem said:
Improved Spring Attack, with requirement BAB something along the lines of +12 or so, that would allow one extra attack during a Spring Attack, with the second attack at the normal -5 for a second attack. Attacks must be on different opponents.

Greater Spring Attack, BAB around 16+, 3 attacks, highest attack bonus, then -5, then -10. No more than one attack on any single opponent.
These feats seems good to me but you must add requisites as Combat reflexes, Spring attack an dex 17 maybe

War Golem said:
This feat seems very powerfull

Last edited:

Vrecknidj

Explorer
Okay, how about these?

Improved Spring Attack
Prerequisites: Dex 17, Spring Attack, base attack bonus +11.
Benefit: The same as for Spring Attack, but you can make a second attack (at the usual -5 penalty from your first attack).
Special: A fighter may select Improved Spring Attack as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Greater Spring Attack
Prerequisites: Dex 19, Improved Spring Attack, base attack bonus +16.
Benefit: The same as for Improved Spring Attack, but you can make a third attack (the second and third attacks are at the usual -5/-10 penalties from your first attack).
Special: A fighter may select Greater Spring Attack as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Whirlwind Spring Attack
Prerequisites: Dex 21, Greater Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, base attack bonus +21.
Benefit: You may attack each individual you threaten (up to a specified maximum, see below) on your turn, before or during (but not after) your move. You may move up to your speed (but may not take a double-move). You may attack each enemy only once on this turn. The maximum number of targets you can attack per use of this feat is equal to your base attack bonus.
Special: A fighter may select Whirlwind Spring Attack as one of his fighter bonus feats.

The next issue is whether Cleave and Great Cleave can be used while using Whirlwing Spring Attack. My gut says "no."

Dave

War Golem

First Post
Oscar carramiñana said:
These feats seems good to me but you must add requisites as Combat reflexes, Spring attack an dex 17 maybe
Yes, of course, agreed. Possession of these other pre-requisite feats was implied. I didn't take the time to write them up all formal-like.

I'm just frustrated by WotC's overall lack of support for feats targeted specifically for characters in the 10-20 level range.

Cheers,

War Golem

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads