• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Improved Warforge Resolve

Evil DM

First Post
Source: Dragon 364

The Improved Warforged Resolve feat says, that you gain additional 5 temporary HPs.
The interessting case is the bloodied one.

So if the warforged is bloodied and uses his warforged resolve with that feat.
Does that mean he gets...

a)
3 + half level + 5 (feat) temporary HPs as usual
+ 3 + half level + 5 (feat) temporary HPs for bein bloodied

b)
3 + half level temporary HPs as usual
+ 3 + half level temporary HPs for being bloddied
+ 5 for having that feat

I mean, it is a difference of 5 temporary HPs.

Cheers, Evil DM.

Runestar

First Post
If used while bloodied, you heal (3+1/2lv) hp, gain (8+1/2lv) temp hp, as well making a saving throw against 1 effect dealing ongoing damage. Very useful if timed right.:)

Evil DM

First Post
Err, no!

You gain them additionally. Because the new warforged resolve in the dragon article changes the one in the MM a bit. ;)

You gain temporary HPs, if you use that encounter power and the same amount in addition if you use the power while bloodied. :)

Cheers, Evil DM.

Runestar

First Post
I am referring to the version in the dragon article.

Effect: You gain a number of temporary hit points equal to 3 + one-half your level. You may make an immediate saving throw against one effect that inflicts ongoing damage and can be ended with a save. In addition,
if you are bloodied you regain hit points equal to 3 + one half your level.

and

Improved Warforged Resolve [Warforged]
Prerequisites: Warforged, warforged resolve racial power
Benefit: Your warforged resolve power grants you an additional 5 temporary hit points.

I don't see anything which could possibly allude to you gaining temp hp twice (nor would temp hp stack anyways).

Evil DM

First Post
Oooooooh!!!

Mea maximal culpa. I am sorry!!!

I misread the second part. I thought they were additional temp. HPs and didn't notice that they are real HPs the warforged regains. :uhoh:

So it goes like this (not counting the saving):

If you are not bloodied you gain (with the feat) 8 + half level temp. HPs.

If you are bloodied you also regain 3 + half level real HPs.

Am I right now? :)

Cheers, Evil DM.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads