• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Improving natural weapons

cjr88

First Post
So, I'm making a silly character that is a half-orc barbarian/druid that will take feats that give him claws and a bite attacks. But I don't really know a lot things to give me bonuses to natural weapons. It would be a lot of help if I could be pointed in the right direction

paradox42

First Post
That would be a really nice feat if a player could take it XP it's a monster feat

Irrelevant. To quote the Bestiary itself (where the Monster feats appear):

Pathfinder Bestiary I said:
Most of the following feats apply specifically to monsters, although some player characters might qualify for them (particularly Craft Construct).

Note the phrase after "although." If you qualify for the feat, then you can take it- nothing says you have to be a "monster" to do so (and even if it did, guess what: most of the races have listings in the Bestiaries and therefore count as "monsters" in the literal sense).

Improved Natural Attack lists the following Prerequisites: Natural weapon, base attack bonus +4.

Nothing on there about race or creature type. Therefore, if you have one or more natural weapons and a BAB of +4 or higher, you can take the feat. The only kind you can't take it for is an Unarmed Strike, and that's because the feat text itself says so.

cjr88

First Post
Irrelevant. To quote the Bestiary itself (where the Monster feats appear):

Note the phrase after "although." If you qualify for the feat, then you can take it- nothing says you have to be a "monster" to do so (and even if it did, guess what: most of the races have listings in the Bestiaries and therefore count as "monsters" in the literal sense).

Improved Natural Attack lists the following Prerequisites: Natural weapon, base attack bonus +4.

Nothing on there about race or creature type. Therefore, if you have one or more natural weapons and a BAB of +4 or higher, you can take the feat. The only kind you can't take it for is an Unarmed Strike, and that's because the feat text itself says so.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I've always assumed that player couldn't take monster feats. I'm glad to know I have that option open to me.

Do you know if that is a legal item in pathfinder society?
No.

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary
Animal Companions: ankylosaurus, aurochs, brachiosaurus, dire bat, dire rat, dolphin, elasmosaurus, electric eel, elephant/mastodon, frog, goblin dog, hyena, monitor lizard, moray eel, octopus, orca, pteranodon, rhinoceros, roc, squid, stegosaurus, triceratops, and tyrannosaurus; Familiars:all familiars listed on pages 131–133; Feats: none of the feats are legal for play for PCs, animal companions, or familiars unless specifically granted by another legal source. Other: all creatures in this book are legal for polymorph effects (including a druid's wild shape ability) within the boundaries of each spell or ability's parameters.
http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/additionalResources

Do you know if that is a legal item in pathfinder society?

addendum:
If you take a couple levels of ranger and pick the Natural Attack combat style that apparently unlocks that feat for use, calling it out explicitly. But that does requiring changing class selection.

Remove ads