• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Improvised weapons

Xaov

First Post
What are some Improvised weapons your characters have used in various campaigns?

I think the most entertaning one for me was a Half-Orc barbarian using the body of his dead enemy in a fight.

There was another player in our Eberron campaign who used a brick wall as a weapon against a swarm, He pushed it over on top of them

Steverooo

First Post
Manriki-Gusari - A cable, chain, or rope with weights on both ends. Each head strikes as a Light Flail (1D8) and can trip or entangle.

Manacles used as such.

The typical clubs and staves, rocks, large, heavy objects (a certain table comes to mind).

A Shovel.

Arrows - inserted by hand.

Hatpins.

Napkin dispenser (as a missile weapon).

Opponents' swords (Grapple, twist, thrust!)

The walls, floors, and ground (Grapple, immobilize, BASH!)

Various straps, sashes, and slings as... slings!

Nails and horse-chestnuts - as caltrops.

Green Slime - as a food additive!

Ringsaw - garotte.

Various tubes, rolls, powders, pins, etc., as blowguns and/or tubes for delivering powder sprays.

Two-by-fours, etc.

Tree limbs, bent back and held... WHAP!

As above, but spiked (as a Morningstar).

Other deadfalls, pits, snares, and spikes.

Ceilings (Earthquake, Reverse Gravity, etc).

Steverooo

First Post
The Funniest One:

The best one I ever heard of was... a PC!

Sword of Slinging: This intelligent magical weapon wields the PC, and attacks his opponents in battle, using him as the weapon.

PC: "Oh, no! Not AGAIN!"

WHAP!

Stormrunner

Explorer
Mounted a Bag of Devouring on a 10-foot pole and used it as a Butterfly Net of Devouring. Worked too well, so the DM started giving it a steadily-increasing chance of "indigestion" (burping back up previously-swallowed monsters). Way back in 1rstEd days.

The_Gneech

Explorer
I had a rat-on-a-rope that I was tossing down the hall in front of us in a dungeon we knew to have gelatinous cubes in it. Down one hall there was a wet SPLORK! sound and the rat suspended in midair ... the DM informed us, "You did 1 hp of damage to a gelatinous cube with your rat-on-a-string!"

I therefore wrote "I did damage with a rat!" in the campaign log, and occasionally refer to it when I need a pick-me-up.

-The Gneech :cool:

Remove ads