• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In case you missed it: WotC 2010 Spring Catalog

ggroy

First Post
Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but how does optimism come into the picture?

The world is set on fire.

Destroy the competition/enemy.

I suppose I don't trust other people's motivations and intentions, despite what one says.

Last edited:

Jack99

Adventurer
The world is set on fire.

Destroy the competition/enemy.

I suppose I don't trust other people's motivations and intentions, despite what one says.

Ah. But to be honest I do not think WotC views the 3PP's as competition. After all, they (WotC) did choose to allow other companies to play in their sandbox (GSL).

wedgeski

Adventurer
Interesting stuff. I'm delighted that they're piling into another adventure series so quickly... if they stay profitable, that means we could potentially get an entire 1st to 30th-level adventure series every year! The quality thus far has been a little hit and miss, but if you don't like the modules as written, they're still excellent sources of yoinkage...

Cheap softcover racial handbooks? I'll reserve judgement until I see one, but I'm not averse to the idea.

Spelljamming on the Astral Sea? Now that one I can hardly wait for!

FriarRosing

First Post
As a poor college student, I like the idea of the cheap softcover books a lot. A whole lot, in fact. I will definitely be sure to pick those up from time to time when I want a new D&D fix but lack 30-40 dollars to throw down.

ki11erDM

Explorer
I wonder if this is WotC's response to Goodman releasing several 4E racial books.

From everything we have read, the WotC 4e development process is painfully slow. These books may have been conceived of before 4e was even released... if not before it was announced.

And of course they are coming out with Race books… they just had to find some way to make them profitable. And having them in paperback form at a low price point is obviously what they decided on. I am also betting that 80% of the books are going to be fluff (which is a good thing) and thus won’t be in the compendium nor the character builder and would have cut the development costs down a heck of a lot.

drothgery

First Post
From everything we have read, the WotC 4e development process is painfully slow. These books may have been conceived of before 4e was even released... if not before it was announced.

WotC's development process is slow. This is not new to 4e, or even confined to D&D; Star Wars books routinely take well over a year from concept to print. So did 3e books.

Remove ads