• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Nomine

Zogg

First Post
Macbeth said:
Coincidentally, I am considering running In Nomine for my campus gaming club, possibly using the first adventure of the Revelations series (the one where a Demon is trying to become a prince by manipulating Satan). Any more specific advice on what makes a good In Nomine game would be appreciated.

While I have yet to play in an In Nomine game yet, I can tell you that my DM has run a game in the past and centered it around 9/11. The PCs were playing angels and Heaven, not to mention Earth, was in an uproar at the disturbance the event caused and the amount of discord caused to the Symphony. This may be a bit too sobering for most groups, but it certainly worked as an "adventure hook" for the PCs in that game (from what I have been told)

What's beautiful about the game is that real life can dictate who the characters are and how they might act or react on a daily basis. For instance, I'm playing a demon that can manipulate humans' emotions in order to lead them to their fate (which is bad) instead of their destiny (which is good). Specifically, my character is going to have recently made a name for himself by single-handedly causing the downfall of Kobe Bryant's untarnished image....hee hee hee!

LoneWolf23

First Post
I'm a huge fan of In Nomine as an RPG setting, and subscribe to the official Mailing List, in fact. I like a couple of very cool things about it, like how the setting itself can be altered along a certain set of "knobs" by the GM and Player...

Gez

First Post
I have no experience with In Nomine, but I've played INS/MV, the original, French game. With more scathing humor and omnipresent irony, and probably more greyish areas overall (like, Janus and Valefor are one and the same!).

d4

First Post
Gez said:
Janus and Valefor are one and the same!
there's enough hints in the SJG version of In Nomine that i guessed this was the case years ago. personally, as a GM i used the theory that he had suffered some kind of psychological trauma and had developed a split personality -- he literally didn't know he was both an Archangel and a Demon Prince!

Gez

First Post
Actually, the "real thing" is quite different.

He masqueraded as a low rank'n'file demon as a way to infiltrate them. Progressing quickly in the hierarchy (hey, he was quite skillful for a rank'n'file demon...) he soon became a Prince. And since, he decided he enjoy his double life quite much.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads