• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Praise of Cheetos

The Traveler

First Post
Remember your first games. Maybe you played in the basement. Maybe you played in the school library. Maybe in the local gaming store. Your brother had you try it, or you got drawn in because you were there for Magic cards.

Were you in high school? In middle school? Did you get roped in once you got to college?

Nowadays it might be hard to get a game together. College is long gone. Everyone has real jobs. Maybe the scruffy guy that smelled like catfood still is scruffy and smells like catfood, so the rest of you aren't sure if he fits in anymore. Beards are trimmed or shaved off altogether. Some of you are married.

Still, you were all dorks together. You were all oddballs, and whether you grew out of it or not you remember.

You've tried different games. You've perhaps refined your tastes. You've learned to roleplay more than just killing goblins and taking their stuff.

Still, there's that dork inside you. Maybe he's pudgy, maybe he's skinny. He has a bad haircut and he listens to Weird Al. He's got a slice of pizza clutched in a deathgrip.

He's wondering where the Mountain Dew got to.

The Shaman

First Post
I'm so in touch with my inner dork that I...that I...I...uh...damn, I can't top either of those.

Okay, how about this? Cheetos + blue food coloring = edible purple worm minis.

Ranger REG

Explorer
The Traveler said:
Remember your first games. Maybe you played in the basement. Maybe you played in the school library. Maybe in the local gaming store. Your brother had you try it, or you got drawn in because you were there for Magic cards.

Were you in high school? In middle school? Did you get roped in once you got to college?
High school.

The Traveler said:
Nowadays it might be hard to get a game together. College is long gone. Everyone has real jobs. Maybe the scruffy guy that smelled like catfood still is scruffy and smells like catfood, so the rest of you aren't sure if he fits in anymore. Beards are trimmed or shaved off altogether. Some of you are married.

Still, you were all dorks together. You were all oddballs, and whether you grew out of it or not you remember.

You've tried different games. You've perhaps refined your tastes. You've learned to roleplay more than just killing goblins and taking their stuff.

Still, there's that dork inside you. Maybe he's pudgy, maybe he's skinny. He has a bad haircut and he listens to Weird Al. He's got a slice of pizza clutched in a deathgrip.

He's wondering where the Mountain Dew got to.
Unfortunately, my inner dork is also my outer dork. :(

Galethorn

First Post
Wikipedia to the rescue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheeto

Cheetos are a crunchy, cheese-flavored snack made from cornmeal introduced by Frito-Lay in 1948. They are popular enough that the word "Cheetos" is often used as a generic term for any similar cheese puffs snack food, but it is, in fact, trademarked by the Frito-Lay company.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
I was in high school. And we didn't start having real snacks at the table until I was in college. Not a caffeine drinker or a junk food eater, so pass the carrots and juice.

As for my inner geek, I let it run free. It's the most effective way I have to embarass the fiancee.

Remove ads