In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

scadgrad

First Post
Ok gang, this will be the active post for actual gaming. I'll need to see characters as soon as you can get them finished. For simplicity's sake, you can post your character & his vital stats in this thread. We can talk about character creation over on the OOC board if you wish. In terms of in-game activity, I'd recommend using quotes when your PC wishes to speak and asterisks berfore and after an action.

If you wish, you can set off certain parts in your post in different colors if you wish.

Just makes sure it's something I can read.

I would also recommend putting an abbreviated character description (i.e. Hafrgrim Hudan Brb3) in the title of each of your posts.

The warm drizzle of a late spring rain splahes gently on your face as you make your way along the trade route. Your Hjalmar guide has assured you that soon you will be enjoying ales of an unsurpassing flavor within a warm festhaus, but the thin slit of daylight in the western sky makes you wonder if the man is not being overly optimistic. "Not much farther my lords. Abjanzl is near, I am certain of it. My cousins will give you a warm welcome, yes a warm welcome indeed," he states obsequiously in broken Hudan. "Let us quicken our pace lest the Groylkyn fall upon us," he chortles. His is a false bravado, and you're certain that he fears the beast-like creatures that haunt this land worse than either the hudan war bands or their fomorii allies.

Last edited:

scadgrad

First Post
At last the weary sun sets behind the fae-haunted woods of Necrovidia and you find yourselves walking in the light drizzle. Torches flicker in protest, but provide a modicum of light as you make your way. Ahead, some 300 yards away on a low wooded hill, you see the warm glow of a village; Abjanzl is certainly a welcoming sight on this damp evening

"Ah yes, there it is my Lords. Jurgi is as good as his word no?"

"Then our business is here is it not Dolemite?" Barri glared back through the darkness at the dolem priest. The priest had paid good coin, but the Hudan are a suspicious lot in the best of times. The big man motioned to what appeared to be a hjalmar festhaus "Your cousin's ale had best be of the finest variety hjalmar cur." snarled a very wet & disgruntled Barri. Pushing by the quivering guide and he strode toward the wooden walls surrounding the village.

scadgrad

First Post
Much of Necrovidia is covered with thick coniferous forests. Pines, hemlocks and spruce grow to staggering heights in these woods. In the West, Necrovidia borders the large feudal kingdom of Dortland, while the icy waterway know as the Firth of Kolinkar establishes its northern border. The thick woods soon give way to lush grasslands as the land rushes eastward toward the massive, continent-spanning Belrushk mountains. The Southern border of Necrovia is somewhat unclear, due to the vast tracks of unsettled woodlands that it shares with its southern neighbor, Carpacia.

Necrovidia is a fractured land of petty fiefdoms ruled by warlords. There is no king and few warlords control any tracts of land greater than an area that could be covered by horse in 3 or 4 days. There are three principle human groups that vie for control of the land. Along the northern coast, the Hudan have salied across the firth from the frozen lands of Nur Bereleth and taken most of the coastal villages. The Hjalmar tribes still control many of the villages of the forested mainland, while to the east, the Balduin, nomadic bands of steppe horsemen, control most of the grasslands. Suspicion, and occasionally, open hostility exist between the 3 groups, but for now, there is no open state of war.

scadgrad

First Post
Presently, we have the following characters on hand:

Juri: a sniveling, eager-to-please guide_NPC
Barri Ironhand: a tall, rangy Hudan of short temper & violent disposition_Ally Brb1
Quazeem al Rasheed: a Monk and devout member of the Adepts of the Alizarin Palm_Mnk 1

purple knight

First Post
Qauzeem is the son of a minor noble who hoped to increase his family's influence with by arranging his son's membership in the Adepts of the Alizarin Palm. Qauzeem was also given a minor position in the Pontiff's court. Unfortunately, Qauzeem was not prepared for the nuances of court politics and found himself maneuvered into being assigned the task of "traveling amongst the infidels and reporting their ways and methods", effectively being exiled from the courts and actually lessening his family's influence.

Now, he finds himself traveling with the Hudans, trying his best to become accustomed to their crude and blasphemous behavior.

scadgrad

First Post
Juri_"It is ruled by the warlord Iljakz, though I believe his brother holds the village in his stead. They are hannites for the most part and peaceful. I've cousins who work in the festhaus. There is a notable wise woman who resides here, but she sees few outlanders my Lord."

Barri is about 150 yards from the village gate and seems determined to gain entrance regardless of the late hour (perhaps an hour after sunset). Do you ask him to halt or allow him to approach the gate?

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem: Barri, please hold a moment, we do not need to alarm the people of the village or else we will could be here all night and there would be no ale for anyone.

Jurgi, I would be most interested in meeting this wise woman. If you could arrange a meeting, I would be most grateful. I am sure you would profit from my gratitude.

scadgrad

First Post
Barri halts some 100 yards from what appears to be a simple wooden gate. There is a wooden palisade that surrounds the small village. You count perhaps as many as a dozen different tendrils of smoke rising from various thatched roofs beyond. There are three structures that appear a good bit larger than the bulk of the structures beyond.

Juri_I shall do my best as always my Lord. It may be that one of my kin will be able to aid in an introduction.

The group is now standing together, in the light drizzle some 100 paces or so from the village gate. All appears to be well and in the distance you hear the occasional sounds of merriment, perhaps coming from one of the larger structure. The festhaus of Abjanzl one preumes.

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem: Jurgi, I think you for assitance. Now please, lead us to the comfort of festhaus of Abjanzl.

DM: Quazeem is going to make note of the various buildings and see if I notice any comings and goings.

Remove ads