• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Incomplete Hunter and Hexblade classes in DDi Compendium?

shmoo2

First Post
The entries in the DDi Compendium for the Hunter and Hexblade classes seem to be imcomplete. Most powers are not described, making it impossible to create a character with the rules in the Compendium.

For instance, the Hunter entry says:

DDi Compendium said:
ASPECTS OF THE WILD (HUNTER)
You gain two of the following powers of your choice.

DISRUPTIVE SHOT
You gain the disruptive shot power.

EXPERT ARCHER
You gain the following three powers.

But no Aspects are provided. The Disruptive Shot power is not provided. None of the three Expert Archer powers is provided. Similarly, no level 2, 10, 16, or 22 utility powers are provided. Strangely, the only level 6 power provided is listed as Leaf Wall, Druid 6.

There are similar omissions for the Hexblade: none of the pact boons or pact weapons are provided, most utility powers are missing, the warlock's ally powers are not described, etc.

Does this usually happen when classes are added to the Compendium?

Are there plans to update and complete the Hunter and Hexblade entries soon?

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
The entries in the DDi Compendium for the Hunter and Hexblade classes seem to be imcomplete. Most powers are not described, making it impossible to create a character with the rules in the Compendium.

For instance, the Hunter entry says:

But no Aspects are provided. The Disruptive Shot power is not provided. None of the three Expert Archer powers is provided. Similarly, no level 2, 10, 16, or 22 utility powers are provided. Strangely, the only level 6 power provided is listed as Leaf Wall, Druid 6.

There are similar omissions for the Hexblade: none of the pact boons or pact weapons are provided, most utility powers are missing, the warlock's ally powers are not described, etc.

Does this usually happen when classes are added to the Compendium?

Are there plans to update and complete the Hunter and Hexblade entries soon?

The Compendium is NOT a replacement for the books. It is just a quick reference tool. It is NOT meant to replace using the books to make characters.

BobTheNob

First Post
The Compendium is NOT a replacement for the books. It is just a quick reference tool. It is NOT meant to replace using the books to make characters.
Be that as it may, why did the Scout and Hexblade get singled out in this way?

Sorry, I pay for my subscription, and I dont think its a big ask to expect that for my money I at least get a complete offering. There were sentences under the hexblade that read "You can pick one of the following powers"...with no power listed!!! Thats just incomplete.

Especially in light of the scetchy past couple of months of offerings for your subscription dollar, you think they would have tried a bit harder

yesnomu

First Post
Sure... but now you can't actually reference important powers. They've left rule information out before (like how animal companions work, for example), but never the actual powers of a class before.

I assume it's just an error, and would expect to see them fixed next month at the latest.

shmoo2

First Post

I'm not sure why you'd say that. The Compendium is a rules source, paid for by the consumers who can access it, same as the books.
If a consumer chooses to use the rules in the Compendium to make a character, why not?

This is how the WoTC website describes the Compendium:

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Tools.aspx said:
Gain full access to the complete rules text for every race, class, paragon path, epic destiny, skill, feat, power, item, and ritual -- from every D&D 4th Edition rulebook and online magazine article.

Contrary to this description, the Compendium is not currently complete (missing class features and powers) for a rules source (HFK) which was supposed to be included as of Dec. 7.
As a subscriber, I have not, in fact gained full access to every D&D 4th Edition rulebook which should be included after that date.

Why defend this? Especially since most of the classes in the book do have complete descriptions, it seems like an error.
Has anyone seen an indication that WoTC is going to correct the error soon?

The Compendium runs behind on updates all the time.

Conversely, they sometimes put in partial content before it was officially supposed to show up. (e.g. some of the hybrid class details showed up in the Compendium well before the PH3 updates were made)

Anyway, it's inconsistent. Generally, older stable content in the Compendium is fine. It's the new, cutting edge stuff that is sometimes incomplete or missing.

zoroaster100

First Post
Did the Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms/Monster Vault update get done to the Compendium? I see on the Content Calendar that it was slated for earlier this week, but I couldn't find any Monster Vault monsters in the Compendium.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich

It's not just the Hunter and the Hexblade.

The Fighter, of all classes, doesn't have the Combat Challenge power, either.

I'm guessing this is happening for a couple of classes...no idea if it's an intentional desire to omit or not. When I went to ask Feedback a little while ago what was up, my browser just kept warning me that it was sending info over an insecure connection, and I found myself unable to login...and various other problems.

So I started a thread about it over there. Come on over and tell us your experiences!

Remove ads