• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Increasing a PC's size category?

Magic Rub

First Post
Here's the deal...

Monk - Gnome (Smurf-neblin ;) ) - PC wants to up his size from small to medium.

Other than the 5th level bonus from the 'Dragon Disciple' PrC in Tome & blood, are there any other ways to permanently increase this characters size category? The player just wants the size category change, that's it, so polymorph is out.

Wish, Miracle, possibly a humanoid template or another PrC?

Last edited:

LokiDR

First Post
Magic Rub said:
Here's the deal...

Monk - Gnome (Smurf-neblin ;) ) - PC wants to up his size from small to medium.

Other than the 5th level bonus from the 'Dragon Disciple' PrC in Tome & blood, are there any other ways to permanently increase this characters size category? The player just wants the size category change, that's it, so polymorph is out.

Wish, Miracle, possibly a humanoid template or another PrC?

Invent a 4th level spell that works like poly other, except it just changes your size catagory, heals you as if you had rested a day, and gives +10 disguise. The reverse could be a nifty attack/debuff.

Few templates change size catagory, but it you found one you could apply it by one of the methods listed in Savage Species.

Develop a 5 level (or maybe 3) prestiege class that ends with a size increase, ala Dragon Disciple. The other levels might be other bonuse from size (str, natural armor, reach).

A carfully crafted miracle/wish could probably change size, without the strength modifiers or other effects of size change (besides size modifier)

I would suggest the polymorph deritive option.

Maitre Du Donjon

First Post
Magic Rub said:

Permanency + Enlarge = Doesn't change your *Size Category*

I only have the SRD with me at the moment, but does it specifically say that Enlarge won't change your size category?

And pardon me for being dense, but why won't polymorph other work?

Maitre D

mikebr99

Explorer
Maitre Du Donjon said:

I only have the SRD with me at the moment, but does it specifically say that Enlarge won't change your size category?

And pardon me for being dense, but why won't polymorph other work?

Maitre D
Hi There...
Enlarge only does what it says... And it doesn't say that the size category changes... only the target gets bigger by upwards of 50%.

You could assume that a 7ft. human would br the same size as a Ogre after a high level Enlarge, but getting Reach out of a 1st level spell is overpowered... IMHO... YMMV

Mike

Maitre Du Donjon

First Post
i admit that getting reach from a 1st level spell is a little too much, but since it'll be a small creature becoming medium, at least there isnt that problem...

Maitre D

Remove ads