• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inflictin' punches

Akhkharu

First Post
Long time lurker, less time poster.

I have a question for y'all I need a answerin'. I recently started DMing a game, tonight was the first game, btw, and one of the player's is a thinkin' 'bout becomin' a Cleric/Monk of Wee Jas (spontanously cast inflict, his char would). Now, I ain't got nothin' wrong with that there choice, I just need ta know how to handle it when he uses them inflicts spells with them there monks attacks.

We know that it ain't no touch attack, them inflicts spells do tha' sorta thing, what we here need ta know is how ta handle it. What damage would be caused first, punch or inflict? Oh, and anythin' y'all can think of wha' maybe of interest.

Much obligued
Akh

Oni

First Post
Striking with a Touch Spell
Normally when you use a touch spell, you merely try to touch the enemy to discharge the spell. Alternately, you can try to strike the enemy with an unarmed attack. It is harder to connect with a solid blow than a touch, but it is better if you succeed. Treat the attack as a normal unarmed attack (so most characters provoke attacks of opportunity when attacking this way). If the attack is a hit, you deal unarmed damage and discharge the spell. If the attck is a miss, you are still holding the charge.
-Sword and First, Rules Clarification Sidebar, page 68.

Remove ads