• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Influence Network Feat

Meloncov

First Post
For one of my characters I wanted a feat themeatically similar to leadership, but didn't add another character to the party. Here's what I devised:

Influence Network

You've established a large network of NPCs who are willing to occasionally aid you. Each week, you can receive aid from NPCs whose levels total to your level plus charisma modifier, with a maximum level equal to yours. The aid lasts for up to one day, though you may be able to get aid from the same NPC on consecutive days; in this situation, the NPC would be counted more than once when calculating total levels of aid. These NPCs can come from any of the DMG NPC classes (commoner, expert, expert, adept, or aristocrat) or a PC class at the DM's discretion. This aid is given freely, without need for payment or charisma-based skill checks; you may still gain additional help through other means. The NPCs are willing to take some risks for you, but they will not generally engage in combat without additional motivation. The DM may threat NPCs with unusual influence or resources as higher than there actual level; for example, a first level expert who has access to a local powerful wizards private library might be treated as a fifth level character for the purpose of this feat.

TheLe

First Post
Meloncov said:
For one of my characters I wanted a feat themeatically similar to leadership, but didn't add another character to the party. Here's what I devised:

Influence Network

You've established a large network of NPCs who are willing to occasionally aid you. Each week, you can receive aid from NPCs whose levels total to your level plus charisma modifier, with a maximum level equal to yours. The aid lasts for up to one day, though you may be able to get aid from the same NPC on consecutive days; in this situation, the NPC would be counted more than once when calculating total levels of aid. These NPCs can come from any of the DMG NPC classes (commoner, expert, expert, adept, or aristocrat) or a PC class at the DM's discretion. This aid is given freely, without need for payment or charisma-based skill checks; you may still gain additional help through other means. The NPCs are willing to take some risks for you, but they will not generally engage in combat without additional motivation. The DM may threat NPCs with unusual influence or resources as higher than there actual level; for example, a first level expert who has access to a local powerful wizards private library might be treated as a fifth level character for the purpose of this feat.

Neato. Perhaps you should give an example of how it works in real gaming situations.

`Le

Remove ads