• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Info about Elans

saucercrab

Explorer
Arkhandus said:
I think there's a bit of information about some few Elans, at least, in the kinda recent web articles at WotC about adding psionics and stuff in the Forgotten Realms. Some of the articles discussed particular non-core races and classes, IIRC, which may or may not be a bit informative regarding Elans in some cases.

I don't have a link right now, but if you check the D&D site for those articles about the Realms and non-core classes, you might find them.
Here, very Realms specific, but a great idea none-the-less.

Enforcer

Explorer
I was also going to post about Elans in Eberron, but got beaten to the punch. I really love that setting's take on them (and ability to integrate just about everything from every sourcebook into the setting).

Satori

First Post
Jack99 said:
Couldnt find anything in CP, but its all good. Just wanted to read what had been written before I made my own take on it.

IMC, Elans are the nefarious result of a greater scheme to destroy all magic.

(this is just the brainstorm, so if anyone reads this and wants to chip in, be my guest)

Basically, Asmodeus has deviced a plot to conquer the material plane (yeah, what's new?). He has allied himself with some immensely powerful mindflayers and created the Elan race. As they are "reborn", they think they are becoming the chosen children of the Creator, the only god (according to dogma all the gods other people worship are false gods, and powers acquired by worshipping them come from the devils/demons). The Creator bids his children to erradicate magic in the world, as magic is destroying it, causing the demons and devils of the lower planes to be able to freely enter the material plane. All these reborn have an aptitude for psionics (all Elans being wild talents, and with a high rate of psywars and psions, something that was almost gone from the world, because of the "class-ocide" that followed the mindflayers' attempt to extinguish the sun, around 500 years earlier). As the Elan army (called the Order) either peacefully or forcefully take over areas, more and more people are "converted" to the Creator, ie shipped off to a secret destination and changed to an Elan.

Now, obviously, this is a big bag of BS. Asmodeus plan is to wipe all spellcasters of the face of the earth, and thereby making it a much easier world to control, because lets face it, without spells, mankind is fairly SOL against the devils. Also the Order is fairly LE, although it professes differently, so that fits Asmodeus quite well too.

Obviously there is a number of ripoffs in there, but since none of my players have read the books etc, I have no problems doing that.

This is EXCELLENT!

Kudos.gif

Remove ads