• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Information on Asylum - the Adventure Path finale

Big Jake

First Post
Saw this on the Paizo site for Dungeon Issue #116:

Asylum
by Christopher Perkins
In the final chapter of the Shackled City Adventure Path, the heroes abandon the Material Plane to seek out a demon lord imprisoned in a bizarre asylum on the Prison Plane of Carceri. There they do battle with surviving Cagewrights, duplicitous demodands, and the mad Adimarchus himself. A D&D Shackled City Adventure Path adventure for 19th-level characters.

I can't wait! Come on October! (And go Padres! Maybe they'll still be out there in October as well.)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Good to see some of the remaining Cagewrights will be there. The last adventure, "Thirteen Cages" (issue #114) mentioned (in C24) a Cagewright named Embryl Aloustinai who was supposed to be one of the most powerful of them all (with the possible exception of Dyr'ryd), but there wasn't any exposition on who that was.

ltclnlbrain

First Post
Alzrius said:
Good to see some of the remaining Cagewrights will be there. The last adventure, "Thirteen Cages" (issue #114) mentioned (in C24) a Cagewright named Embryl Aloustinai who was supposed to be one of the most powerful of them all (with the possible exception of Dyr'ryd), but there wasn't any exposition on who that was.

Embryl Aloustinai is the High Priestess at the Cathedral of Wee Jas in Cauldron. She was supposedly away in Sasserine when the party invaded the Cathedral in "Secrets of the Soul Pillars" (Dungeon #109). She is a cleric/wizard/mystic theurge.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
ltclnlbrain said:
Embryl Aloustinai is the High Priestess at the Cathedral of Wee Jas in Cauldron. She was supposedly away in Sasserine with the party invaded the Cathedral in "Secrets of the Soul Pillars" (Dungeon #109). She is a cleric/wizard/mystic theurge.

Ack! Well, guess that wraps up that mystery. :eek:

Last edited:

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Sign of the Smoking Eye

So, do any of your PC's have the Sign of the Smoking Eye? I wonder what relevance the Sign will have on that last adventure? It was nice to see that, in Thirteen Cages, there was some cool things that happened if any of the PC's had the sign. Previously, all that my PC got for having the Sign of the Smoking Eye was getting kicked out of restaurants... :lol:

Lazybones

Adventurer
I'm really looking forward to this one; I'm doing a SH set in the Adventure Path and I have some dramatic ideas for the finale; I just want to see if the module fits with how my imagination's been going since getting "Thirteen Cages".

EDIT: another observation.... Aloustinai is noted in the city writeup for Cauldron in "Secrets of the Soul Pillars" as a Clr9/Wiz5/Theurge3; if "Asylum" follows the pattern followed in the rest of the modules in the series of having NPCs gaining 1 level/module, then she'll be 21st level for the finale.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads