• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Initiate of the Faith

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
"WotC has been asked this precise question". I didn't know that. Then the CB is mistaken, really mistaken. The stat block shows cleary that the power is a Daily*(star) power (black color), but with the special line, like the encounter power of the cleric.

The Special line is part of the power, but it's overridden by the condition laid down in the feat - you can use the power once per day.

What happens when you use Healing Word? The target can spend a Healing Surge, +1d6. So what can you do once per day? Make the target spend a Healing Surge, +1d6.

The Special says you can use the power twice per encounter - that is, twice per encounter, you can make a target spend a Healing Surge +1d6 - but you actually can't, 'cos the feat says you can only use the power once per day.

-Hyp.

popguy

First Post
I reinstalled it, but I still get the same *(Star) in Daily and the Special line description in Character Builder from the stat block. What I'm doing wrong? Thanks

eamon

Explorer
I think the older version had it right... the newer does this mistake once again ;)

but i could be mistaken.

Nope, it's weirder (clearly a bug): before you choose the power, it shows the special line, but after you choose the power, it doesn't. Apparently CB stores and displays a separate power once you've chosen such a feat (for whatever obscure reason).

Boy, I love software ;-).

Byronic

First Post
On the character sheet you print out after making a character with the character sheet you see 2 boxes while with other daily powers you get 1 box. That basically suggests that you can use it twice in a single day (probably within a single encounter).

Maybe you use the power once per day but it activates twice per encounter :p

Wepwawet

Explorer
OMG this must be the single most asked rules question.
Every 2 weeks there's a new thread about this feat (or the warlord's)
LOL

Remove ads