• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inquisitor - Your Experiences

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
My main reason for doing Repose with the Souls Subdomain (APG) was so that I could easily solve the incorporeal undead problem should it rear its head early on. I may have gone a different route in hindsight but I haven't had any fist-shaking-at-the-heavens remorse over it.

It's a minor point, but note that the Souls subdomain works slightly differently for Pharasma.

That said, I've had one player so far who ran an inquisitor. He was Chaotic Good, but seemed to think that being an inquisitor meant that he could torture enemies for information.

On the other hand, he was an inquisitor of Calistria. :erm:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I really wish they had used ANY other name for the class. I had an initial dislike of it based on name alone, and would rename it if I were playing one. Way too much vile baggagge attached to that name, and if PF's going to celebrate the Inquisition, are you really suprised that's how your player interpreted the class?

tylermalan

First Post
Yes, once per day you could get +1 damage. Or you could take Weapon Focus and get +1 attack all the time. Just saying.

Heh, I hear you. But I think I'm also going to take the Lend Judgment spell, so at level 3 with the Judgment Surge feat I can have a +3 to something that I need for the entire combat AND give that same bonus to an ally. Not sure yet.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Lend Judgment is a good spell (the level 5 version is NOT, IMHO), much better than the Share Judgment feat. Still, at level 3 it's only for 3 rounds, might not be worth it yet.

Ask your DM if at least Judgment Surge could be a +5 effective level. That way any judgment, whether it's on a +1/3 levels or +1/5 levels track actually can benefit from it. I find it kind of annoying paizo didn't do that.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Well, it would cause some of the 1 per 3 level ones to give a +2 at certain character levels (oh noes!)...

But I'm sure that never entered into the designers' thought processes and the +3 levels was fairly arbitrary. Paizo's just like that. In 3E, monk got +1 AC every 5 levels, so monk's belt counted as +5 levels. In PF, it's every 4th level, yet monk's robe is...+5 levels. Yeah, it boosts unarmed damage, but that ALSO goes up on 4 level increments. So... *laughs*

tylermalan

First Post
Awesome! I'm not playing the Inquisitor anymore, unfortunately... It was really a fun class to play, mainly because there was almost never a situation that I didn't have some ability to engage myself with.

Remove ads