• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inquisitor - Your Experiences

Ramaster

Adventurer
Crap! I read the first page and then wrote a text-wall!

It is all meaningless now, since the game has already started, but I'll post it anyway because it's cool!

If you want to go melee, then probably the best races are Oakling (+2 Str/+2 Wis/ -2 Cha plus a bunch of top tier racial features and 2 kickass bonus feats, the one that increases damage with wooden weapons and the one that gives you reach, Mighty Oak), if they are allowed, or Half-Giant (+2 Str/+2 Wis/-2 Dex, the Dex penalty hurts a little bit, but you get powerful build, which compensates for the lack of martial weapon proficiencies a bit).

In core, Dwarves are awesome too, and half-elf gives you prof. with any weapon (Helloooo great sword/bastard sword!).

If you want to go ranged, on the other hand, Elves rock because you won't feel the con penalty too much, the DEX bump really helps get that 18 (even with 15 pointbuy) and +2 Int is basically +2 pointbuy. You could also go human and take the double archery feats, as someone else suggested, which is quite effective as well.

For a melee oakling or half giant I would choose

STR 16 +2
CON 12
DEX 14 (12 if you are a half giant)
WIS 12 +2
INT 10
CHA 7 (5 if you are oakling)

If you drop you Int to 7, you switch one of the 12 for another 14, which is sweet, but I can understand why some people don't want to play such dumb characters (I wouldn't play them either!).

My dwarf would look something like this:

STR 17
CON 12 +2
DEX 12
WIS 12 +2
INT 10
CHA 7 -2

If you drop you Int to 7, you switch one of the 12 for another 14, which is sweet, but I can understand why some people don't want to play such dumb characters (same advice!). 16 Battleaxe prof really helps here.
The biggest challenge you face is choosing you feat... The 0 BAB really closes the door to most relevant feats... might I suggest... Heavy armor Proficiency?

I you want to multiclass into a class that gives you heavy armor prof, I suggest doing it at level 1, as someone else suggested. That way you would also get the good bab that lets you pick the good feats. The Step up chain is brutal, but weapon focus gives you the edge you need at the begging.

The ranged elf looks like this
STR 14
CON 13 -2
DEX 16 +2
WIS 14
INT 7 +2
CHA 7

If you have a problem with the int score, drop STR to 12, otherwise you are good to go. Point Blank shot is the way to go here. Just tell your friends to take the 5-foot step to get away from the enemy AFTER they have attacked!

Rev Bolyard

First Post
I'll be joining my game in a few days (starting book 3 of Carrion Crown as a level 7 character)

GM has the following house rules as we'll be doing this with just 3 characters:
roll 5d6 at char gen, dropping lowest 2, reroll 1's and 2's
4 traits (none of which have to be AP ones)
at least 1/2 HP on each level up

My goal is to have a human Inquisitor of Pharasma who uses a scythe.
The stats I've rolled (before adding human +2 modifier) are 18,18,18,17,16,13.

Not sure of what Domain I may choose, or if I will go with an Inquisition instead. Also

Beyond that, I haven't a clue of where to begin. The other players are a Paladin and a Sorcerer.

I had wondered if possibly dipping a level of fighter at the very beginning may be of some use.

Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads