• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insane idea: Grand Theft Auto: Menzoberranzan

The_Fan

First Post
I had the most absurd, insane idea today, shown in the title. The idea came to mind when I saw an image on Kotaku of someone's photoshopped GTA/Spider-Man crossover, titled "Spider City." I started thinking of another famous spider city, and the idea just clicked. Obviously, without actual automobiles, it wouldn't be a GTA game, but the same open-world sandbox style.

GTA-type games work best in a "vice city" setting where nothing the player does could be any worse than what the city does to itself. Menzoberranzan is a great place for that. With all the various factions and villains fighting for position, an ambitious character could fit right in.

The character would naturally be a drow ranger who is most definitely not Drizzt. Character advancement may be implemented through something vaguely resembling 4e's "builds," though more branching. You could choose to be an archer ranger, beastmaster, or, *sigh* two-blade ranger. The natural agility of a ranger class lends itself well to climbing, jumping, and swinging around the subterranean city. You could recruit companions to aid you in missions (up to three others, computer controlled).

Anyone else think this is a great idea?

Edit: No idea why this is Humor. I posted it as General, or at least I thought I did.

Last edited:

Qwillion

First Post
I think you could do this as a regular rpg game, as sandbox style works very well, a group of adventurers exploring the city. The thing is it works best in a fully detailed city which other than Waterdeep FR lacks. I would want something as detailed as Ptolus or World's Largest City.

Rechan

Adventurer
In Menzoberranzan, when you get a five star wanted rating, they just scry/buff/teleport. :p

It ain't Menzoberranzan without the Drow politics. So the character would need to be from one of the various Houses.

Remove ads