• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insightful Strike maneuver question

scrubkai

Explorer
If my Warblade executes the Insightful Strike manuever, and the attack roll turns out to be a critical hit, does the Damage for the strike get his weapon's critical multiplier?
Or does this the insightful stike damage just exist with no possibility of being multiplied.

Thanks

Kai

Bivotar

First Post
Well this is one of the "can o' worms" questions. I honestly believe the answer is the critical multiplier applies so a crit using a insighful strike with a longsword will be 2x the damage.

And with Greater insightful strike it will be 3x the (2x for GIS and 2x for longsword).

And I even think someone in a different thread said that contacted WOTC Customer Support on this and WOTC said that it does.

However, there are others that will argue against it. So in the end it is how you deem it to be.

scrubkai

Explorer
Thanks Bivtar.

I was hoping I missed some rule someplace, but it sounds like wizards isn't leaving me too much to work with.

Oh well, time to go talk to my group about this.

Thanks again.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Treat it like a 'spell' because it doesn't do damage based on the weapon that is being used. x2 crit. and for greater, x3 crit, double and double is triple in D&D math.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads