Insight's "Against the Blackstag Cult" (IC) - Chapter One: The River Barge Incident

Insight

Adventurer
Ulrik will go about researching in the city library and town hall to see if he can find a legder or any document with a sample of Brian's writing (such as an act of sale, property deed, etc). The goal is to compare it to the note we have.

(not sure which check to use so I rolled these two): History (+9): 13; Insight (+8): 25

OOC: Let's use the Insight check since it's better :heh:

Ulrik pays a visit to the archives, which is a very musty place that time forgot. After more than an hour of searching and review, Ulrik strikes paydirt! One of the town deeds, one belonging to one Mr. Brian Thorvald, for his small cottage by the river, bears his signature. Ulrik examines the document and it is without a doubt a match.

OOC: 2 Successes, 1 Failure

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ulrik examines the document and it is without a doubt a match.

Ulrik's eyes start to glow, his anger fueling the magical energy running through his veins. "He was leading us to our demise, but why?" he mutters to himself.

Ulrik will continue to research any possible ties between Thorvald and the cult (either religious, magical or business), and try to find any other cult-sympathiser or other business associates of Thorvald. He'll also look into why the cult would want "do-gooders", and if this is a requirement for a religious or arcane ritual.

Arcana (+ 9): 29 (natural 20, booya! ;-)
Religion (+ 9): 14
History (+ 9): 25
Insight (+ 8): 20

Note: no -1 was applied for repeated used of the same skills.

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: I'm going to let other players attempt a skill check before anyone can do something else. If too much time passes, we will move things on to "Round Two".

Erekose13

Explorer
Arjhan continues towards the mayor's residence seeking an audience. As he makes his presence known to the front staff he offers, "I'd like to see the mayor please."

Once presented to the mayor, Arjhan intends to speak to him about Brian and the (still suspected) betrayal at the barge. He'll try to be diplomatic about it, but he is still angry at the events that took place.

Diplomacy w/Mayor (1d20+8=11)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Suspecting the treachery at work by Brian, Erevan joins Ulrik at the library. "Did you find anything out? I have nothing." The warlord, scours books and compares what he knows to Ulrik's own knowledge, hoping that two heads are better than one. Did they brainwash people with some strange rituals?

[sblock=Arcana]applied -1 for second use. 27. Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ulrik briefs Erevan on his findings. "We now know Brian was leading us to our demise. I don't know the mayor's involvement in this situation... The mayor being aligned with the cult would explain why the town has not been directly attacked... Do you think the cult needs a fresh supply of "do gooders", and this is why they need the town?"

OCC: PING!!!

Remove ads