• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "The Isle of Dread" - Chapter One

Almightyfoon

First Post
"Good sailing Cap'n." Barook says raising his flagon and moving back to the group to report his findings. He saw the others have showed up. He nodded to each of them in turn "Astra, Vrashek, Runt." He sits down, and looks to Casi 'Parrently our mutual friend Cap'n Rex out there had some contact with a one Mister Rory Barbossa and his companion Mr. Feathers. He apparently worked for Captain Roundbottom as a navigator aboard the Lussitania. If nuthin' else, we have some confirmation on the truth behin' the story. Where the blasted thing is? Apparently near some prison island." Barook said shrugging and draining his drink. "Any luck with the merchant? I couldn't hear over the cap'n."

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: BTW, after talking to Nafije, the merchant has left the Hog's Breath Inn. Most likely, he went back to his shop.

JustKim

First Post
Astra leans forward, her bright green eyes boring intently into Nafije's. "When the gods make a thing, and place it in the world, most often it is because they wish it to be in that place," she points out. "Stealing it away, for greed of gold, or innocent curiosity, can be dangerous indeed."
Astra's intensity had been enough to silence Nafije, and she offered no argument. In fact, she seemed pleased.

"This time I think it could be more dangerous, what leaves this island. Something strange and dreadful." Adam comments the wizards words.
"Even one with an adorable name like Mr. Feathers?" Nafije sighed. "Yes, I suppose you're right. We'll keep it in mind, and take home nothing that would anger the gods or rampage across the countryside."

"Any luck with the merchant? I couldn't hear over the cap'n."
"Most certainly. He's asked me to stop by the store later, and it may lead to a map. Would you care to go with me? There might be room for a few of us in the shop, if we stand very close and imitate a sliding block puzzle."

renau1g

First Post
"Mr. Feathers... heh... almost as silly a name as calling you Pooh bear or something like that" Keharn says to his companion.

"I suspect the 'gods' have more going on than to watch over some tiny totem on some forgotten island" he adds

Rhun

First Post
Vrashek nods his agreement with Keharn's words. "I've seen the gods neglect their temples and worshipers alike when enemies came to enslave them. Surely they care little about abandoned temples and tiny statuary on an island far removed from civilization."

Leif

Adventurer
Questor , Halfling Chaos Sorcerer 6

Questor, none too happy about being treated like a discarded ragdoll by his ever-so-gentle Half-Orcish friend, straightens his garments, clears his throat, and calmly says, "Ahem! Shall we be off at once then? No point in tarrying here when there are accomplishments to be ...... accomplished." It becomes instantly apparent that the halfling is not as inebriated as he was acting. As usual, the self-absorbed halfling takes little note of goings on around the group.

AS DROTHGERY POINTS OUT IN THE NEXT POST, THIS CHECK SHOULD BE A 9 RATHER THAN A 6. WHOOPEE!

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=Leif]Remember to add 1/2 level to all skill checks, not just trained skills; it probably doesn't matter here, but you're +2 to perception, not -1[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=drothgery]
See? I TOLD you guys that I always forget the half-level thing! Thanks for the sharp eye and the help, but you're right about it probably not making much difference -- 9 and 6 both kinda suck don't they?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Keharn leans in close to the half-orc.

"Not sure you and Questor here are out of the woods yet. That guy with the brown hat was listening when you mentioned the Veiled Society. Half-elf in the other corner seems with him. " the druid whispers.

Remove ads