• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "The Isle of Dread" - Chapter One

Insight

Adventurer
Satisfied that Brown Hat is suitably watched, Astra lets her head droop to one side so she can see the half-elf he'd nodded at from the corner of her eye.

As soon as Astra lays eyes on the skinny half-elf in a blue vest, no shirt, and light brown trousers, the half-elf notices this and quietly but quickly exits the Hog's Breath Inn.

The Man in the Brown Hat seems to note this, but makes no sudden moves.

renau1g

First Post
"It seems our short friend has the brown hatted fella taken care of, the weather is nice, shall we go for a walk dear sister? I would certainly like to stretch my legs" Keharn says with a wry smile, standing up and patting Bjarn on the shoulders, gesturing towards the door.

OOC: I figure the ranger/druid head outside and see if we can catch the half-elf

Shayuri

First Post
"Agreed," Astra replied as she got up and scooped up her bow and quiver. "I could use some fresh air, and the stars will be bright tonight."

She nods at the others at the table. "Excuse us."

Once out of the tavern she looks around to see if their quarry can be spotted...or for signs of his passage if he cannot be.

Rhun

First Post
Vrashek casually moves closer to the door of the place, just in case Brown Hat decides to try and leave.

Almightyfoon

First Post
"It seems our short friend has the brown hatted fella taken care of, the weather is nice, shall we go for a walk dear sister? I would certainly like to stretch my legs" Keharn says with a wry smile, standing up and patting Bjarn on the shoulders, gesturing towards the door.

OOC: I figure the ranger/druid head outside and see if we can catch the half-elf

"Wait up pointy ears, I could use some fresh air. I'll come wit' ya, gotta a question or two for ya on a mutual friend." Barook stood up and looked at Nafje "And yeh Naf, I'll come with to the shop when you go."

OOC: I might be of some use for that.

Leif

Adventurer
Questor, Halfling Chaos Sorcerer 6

To the man in the brown hat with the longish unkempt locks, Questor winks, smiles, and says, "I would wait for you to finish your current beverage, but it seems that my presence is being requested outside just now. Cheers!" And with that, Questor joins his friends at the door.

Insight

Adventurer
To the man in the brown hat with the longish unkempt locks, Questor winks, smiles, and says, "I would wait for you to finish your current beverage, but it seems that my presence is being requested outside just now. Cheers!" And with that, Questor joins his friends at the door.

The Man in the Brown Hat finishes his flagon of ale and watches as the adventurers file out of the Hog's Breath Inn.

Insight

Adventurer
OUTSIDE
Keharn, Barook, Astra, and Questor emerge from the Hog's Breath Inn and are now on the front stoop overlooking the Upswallow District's main thoroughfare, Vainglory Lane. The street is fairly busy with people running errands and traveling about.

The adventurers look around for the skinny half-elf, but do not immediately see him. What they do see, curiously, or perhaps not, is the figure of Boroum the bookseller outside his shop, speaking with a portly dwarf*.

* Questor recognizes this fellow!
[sblock=Leif]Questor knows this dwarf as Kordin the Overbearded, a member of the Veiled Society. Kordin is an information broker and has ties to some rather nasty folks keen on torture and grevious bodily harm.[/sblock]

Just then, emerging from the Hog's Breath, is the familiar and sigh-inducing sight of one gnomish minstrel known as Flerrian Kagel. "What's going on out here, GUYS??? Are you going on a new ADVENTURE??? You're not thinking of going without FLERRIAN KAGEL, are you???" The gnome dances around the front stoop, looking generally in the same directions the adventurers are looking for the half-elf. "Every adventure needs a GNOME! It's written down somewhere! Maybe it's in my pack!" The gnome starts rummaging through his rucksack, dumping out all manner of strange deritris: a leather-bound codpiece, a tiny mallet, a preserved ear in a small jar, coins of various kingdoms, a silver bracelet, a book which appears to be written in the goblin language, a pair of oversized shoes, a dead chicken, a powdered wig, another tiny mallet, a crumpled piece of parchment, an empty vial, a small green gemstone, and a lit torch.

"There it is! My JOURNAL!" The gnome produces a small journal wrapped in some sort of brightly-colored animal skin. He opens it. "PAGE ONE. Here I am in SPECULARUM, at the HOG'S BREATH INN. I see a beautiful human female enter the place. She is from YLARUAM."

The gnome continues to read, but the adventurers are able to mostly ignore him.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Questor, Halfling Chaos Sorcerer 6

Questor looks ruefully at the Gnome's antics. "Oh, please spare me. I never did understand you Gnomes -- always wishing that you were halflings. It's pitiful, really. But see yon Dwarf having a word with Boroum? Look not at him all at once you dolts! This is Kordin the Overbearded, one of the Veiled Society. It is said that he is privy to some of the most closely guarded secrets that the Society possesses, and that he even has some say regarding which members learn which secrets. I know that some of his closest associates are cutthroats and knee breakers. What could he be wanting with Boroum? And at this specific time, too? Methinks this bodes unwell."

Remove ads