Inspired Knight- An ongoing Paladin project [Game design] (Version 0.3 up)

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Quartz said:
A big problem I see is the lack of skill points. He only gets 2 SPs per level. Give him 4, or drop him to d8 and a good Will save and 6 SPs

I've cleaved fairly close to the core paladin in implementation so fair, hence the 2 SP.

Your suggestion would make it closer to the Ranger paradigm, as opposed to the Paladin one. Interesting...

I'll consider this, and compare to some other classes. Thanks for the input.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Mount

I'm really not sure how to implement this class feature. I think it should be a selectable ability, either as a stand alone ability, or as an Estate of its own.

Here are some potential ways to go about it:

1. Treat it like a cohort that you get with the Leadership feat. Your companion "powers up", gaining special abilities when you are in the Inspired Ecstasy. There could be other inspirations that build off of this. (Unsummonable, although maybe you could call the mount to your side with a full-round or multi-round ritual.)

2. Summonable mount from some other plane. You "build" your mount using a list of abilities. The list of potential abilities is based on your level. Perhaps the mount only exists when you spend a move action (or something) to maintain its presence.

3. Just have a mount with powers that you get when you select this ability (unsummonable, though see 1.).

4. Other ???

What would a potential Estate of the Equestrian look like?

Sravoff

First Post
I'm liking the 2nd option for the mount myself. Perhaps having a couple of "structures" to start with. Like the Tank mount, has bigger HD, but moves slower, the quick one, more speed, less HD, and then add more abilities off of that.

You could even go as far as to make any type of "mount" possible, allowing animal companion like mounts that fight, or ones the scout. Perhaps thats stepping on toes too much though....

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Sravoff said:
I'm liking the 2nd option for the mount myself. Perhaps having a couple of "structures" to start with. Like the Tank mount, has bigger HD, but moves slower, the quick one, more speed, less HD, and then add more abilities off of that.

You could even go as far as to make any type of "mount" possible, allowing animal companion like mounts that fight, or ones the scout. Perhaps thats stepping on toes too much though....

...:\

More tables and selectable abilites... :heh: :lol:

Remove ads