Institute Issue #1: Fire and Flesh

Rybaer

First Post
(ooc - Aww...and I thought I was going to have a chance to use my dolphin leap ability to get from the Bay to the burning tech park...)

Jessica (Naiad) is surprised to see someone waiting for her, but that is replaced with mild annoyance when he refers to her as "corporal." I seem to remember retiring from Naval duty with the rank of Commander, she thinks testily. Seeing the size of the fire, she lets the matter drop and allows Bender to teleport her closer to the site.

"Nice trick there," she says to Bender. "I don't suppose you could just teleport that firey chap up there straight into Alcatraz?"

She is relieved to see that other help is arriving. The idea of trying to face a platinum alone had concerned her the entire swim up the coast.

"Time to liven up the party a bit," she says.

She mentally draws a staggering amount of water vapor off the Bay and causes it to condense into oversaturated rain clouds directly overhead. Within moments, she has a heavy downpour going. Due to the fire, however, she will try to keep the storm's winds relatively weak.

"That should help with the existing fires," she says. "Now to help myself just a bit..."

She allows her body to fade into the sheets of rain, becoming invisible.

(Weather control 10 - produce heavy rain with minimal wind and lightning - half action; Activate Invisibility 1 - half action)

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Anthony "Cricket" Parker leaps into action. He will hope his natural defences will be enough and try to get the Platimum's attention off of Psykin.

"Hey you flaming sack of cr@p! Why don't you pick on some one your own size!" He says and then instantly regrets it.

ooc: Keeping His senses on full 360 degree vision. I don't expect this guy to be alone for a moment.

Velmont

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Anthony "Cricket" Parker leaps into action. He will hope his natural defences will be enough...

OOC: I don't remember the exact stats of your charcter, but I can tell you it won't be. You are 500ft. in the air, that make a +50L against falling damage. You substract your Leaping level to that, it is still huge damage. Still sure you want to do it? Or did I miss something?

Drakknyte32

First Post
Paul stops anthony before he leaps out of the copter.

"Hold on, that may be a bit much of a jump for even you. Grab on to my back and I'll give you a ride."

Paul (presumably with Anthony holding on to him) leaps out of the helicopter and transforms into his Dragon form as he falls. He lets himself continue falling until he's closer to the pyro and then snaps his wings out and stops their fall.

OOC:
Aerial combat to defense.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Velmont said:
OOC: I don't remember the exact stats of your charcter, but I can tell you it won't be. You are 500ft. in the air, that make a +50L against falling damage. You substract your Leaping level to that, it is still huge damage. Still sure you want to do it? Or did I miss something?
lol... Just being poetic. He actualy will cling onto the dragon and wait until they touch ground.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
San Fransisco, San Fransisco Sky, 10h45

Initiative: Strob(19) - Fire Elemental(16) - Naiad(13) - Cricket(13) - Psykin(8) - Bender(7) - Drake(3)

Clouds starts to gather over the place at a tremedous speed, and a gentle rain starts to fall over the area. Some firefigther, on the edge of the perimeters, seems to bless that strange weather.

OOC:As it was a sunny day with some clouds, it take a bit more time to gain the weather you want. The rain should go heavy next turn. Your invisibility is on and will take effect at the start of next turn.

In the copter, Cricket climb on Drake and get a firm grip.

The fire elemental, being too concentrated on his Psykin, doesn't see a street lamp that fly at his back. He falls heavily on the ground.

"Nice trick!" says Bender to Naiad, before he dissapears.

Drake leaps out of the copter and give a push down with his wings. He lets the gravity do the remaining of the job. He falls like a rock.

OOC: You are at 200ft high, and falling like a rock

The fire mutant try to get up, but you see him fall back down. He shouts something you can't hear and looks around him, trying to find something, but he doesn't seems to find it. He seems angry, and he shoots another fireball at Psykin. That time, the fire of the explosion seems to have been stop by a force field.

OOC: Back to Naiad.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Sping 2006, Bangkok

For now almost a year that the Institute is working on that case. Many young thai children, all girls, was use as prostitute and slaves. And when they were no more usefull, they were sent to some clinic, generally in the USA, so they could take their organs and sell it on the black market. The track the Institue have been following was known as Body Store. It took time to get some information about that group. Finally, they found the main clinic in Bangkok. It's now two months that no new information was gathered. It was decided to enter into action now.

A team of the local authority have been contacted. a team of twenty men, divided into two groups, have been dispatch. To each group, two agents of the Institute have been attached.

The Oriental team, who is entering by the garage, on the east part of the building, is composed of agent Long and Stravenski. Their main targets is to take control of a van with the next shipment of girls for the USA.

The Occidental team, who is entering by the main entrance, on the west part of the buildling, is composed of agent Courmier and Stravenski. Their main target is to get to the office and get the staff nd teh computers.

In a van just outside, Kim and Stravenski are doing the dispatch.

Some police agent are watching the other exits.

As the teams progress, the first to enter the building is the Oriental team. They make there way into the garage. They found a door, and a local agent get it open without a noise. Long enter, followed by Stranvisky. They see a van. Two men are guarding it while another show the way into the back of the van to some young girl.

The Occidental team enters the waiting room. They rapidly dispatch around the place and secure all doors. But something is funny, there is no one to be seen, not even the security agent. The team rapidly progress and force the door of an office. Courmier is the first to enter when he sees the screen of the computer making face to him. Two words are written. "Too late!"

"It's a trap!" everyone can hear in there radio. It is Stravenski, on the Occidental team, that told this. It was his last words, as a bomb explode in the office. Anvil is blow, and fall throught the floor who is falling apart. He finish in the main office, under some fragments of the building.

Out of nowhere, about twelves men appears in the garage, and starts to fire on the oriental team.

Initiative: Anvil(21), Local agents(18), Immortal(12), Stravenski(7), Kim(7), Goons(2)

OOC: Anvil is up.

For you knowledge, Stravenski is one of the rare agent of the Institute being a mutant. He got two powers that is an edge for him. He can mimic one skill of anyone he touch, and he can duplicate. The original is standing presently in the van. Kim is the leader of your cell, and she is a normal woman.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
As the rains continue to gather and intensify at her bidding, Naiad's watery body begins to vanish in the deluge.

Naiad watches the fire elemental hit the ground. Might as well keep things uncomfortable for him, she thinks to herself.

She summons forth a huge volume of water and mentally forms it into a hemisphere centered around the grounded fire elemental. "Sink or swim, kiddo," she mutters with a grin.

ooc - sustain Weather Control and Invisibility; Conjure water (appx 18' diameter hemisphere) - half action; Control water - maintain the water in hemisphere shape over the fire elemental - half action.

Velmont

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
OOC: Note to Cricket?

OOC: Oops, didn't finish my sentence. Just in case you want to jump now, a fall of 200ft, for you, make a DC:27 to resist, but with your present falling speed, it would be raised to DC:42, so you may want to wait that Drake slow your fall. I say that just in case ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads