• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

INT rogue?

ki11erDM

Explorer
Is there away to make a INT based rogue? Looking for a feat that lets them substitute INT for DEX in melee… there any way to do that?

hipnotode

First Post
no. the only way i can think of to change the attack stat of a power is to play bard/rouge and take the feat that changes all MC attacks to CHA.

OSEZNO

First Post
An essentials Thief could do it with Melee Training (Intelligence) but I don't believe that would have any of the benefits you're looking for in terms of powers or class features that use intelligence.

For a regular rogue (let's say brutal scoundrel or cunning sneak) there is no way to make the attack powers not use Dex for Attack and Damage rolls. (Yet/That I know of)

Klaus

First Post
Is there away to make a INT based rogue? Looking for a feat that lets them substitute INT for DEX in melee… there any way to do that?
What do you want out of the rogue class?

Because you could make a Slayer, take Melee Training (Intelligence) and use background and MC feats to get training in Stealth and Thievery.

drothgery

First Post
What do you want out of the rogue class?

Because you could make a Slayer, take Melee Training (Intelligence) and use background and MC feats to get training in Stealth and Thievery.
Eh. Doing that with Dex sort-of works because you're adding Dex to damage anyway, so you can just max out Dex. But with anything else you've still got to keep Dex high, and you're only getting half damage out of your attack stat.

Klaus

First Post
Eh. Doing that with Dex sort-of works because you're adding Dex to damage anyway, so you can just max out Dex. But with anything else you've still got to keep Dex high, and you're only getting half damage out of your attack stat.
If this were about min-maxing, I'd agree. But it's about making an Int-based striker, so min-maxing is secondary to the character concept.

Thief with Intelligent Blademaster (or even just melee training)? Or does the static damage bonus force you to use dex? (When you still could use that combination - it would just be a slight nerf).

drothgery

First Post
If this were about min-maxing, I'd agree. But it's about making an Int-based striker, so min-maxing is secondary to the character concept.
A dex-based slayer isn't min-maxing. But trying to use anything other than Str or Dex as your primary stat for a Slayer is min-mining.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads