Integrating AI NPCs into Your Campaign

dungen

First Post
Hey fellow adventurers!

As a Dungeon Master, it's important to create immersive experiences for players and there's challenges that come with it. While AI can never replace the players or the DM, I believe it can be a valuable tool that enhances world-building and adds a new level of variability to the game. That is the aim for something I've been working on called DunGen.

DunGen is an app that allows you to create and interact with custom AI NPCs. These non-player characters can be fully customized with unique traits and personalities, providing depth and unpredictability to your game, making it even more engaging and dynamic. I'm thrilled to share this project with you all, and I'm eager to hear your thoughts on how AI NPCs might fit into your game.

I would love to hear your thoughts and insights on this concept. How do you currently handle NPCs in your campaigns? What do you think about the idea of integrating AI NPCs into your game? Are there any specific features or functionalities you'd like to see in an app like DunGen?

Check out the app right here: DunGen - I genuinely want this tool to be valuable for all Dungeon Masters out there, and your feedback will play a vital role in making that happen. Thanks!

-Russ

grankless

Adventurer
I handle NPCs in my games by roleplaying them. Asking a machine to generate the most generic word salad it can conjure up would probably worsen the experience in every way.

Why do people really in to predictive text generators love to sell it so much with "you don't have to be creative anymore"?

dungen

First Post
I handle NPCs in my games by roleplaying them. Asking a machine to generate the most generic word salad it can conjure up would probably worsen the experience in every way.

Why do people really in to predictive text generators love to sell it so much with "you don't have to be creative anymore"?
Thanks for sharing your perspective! I understand your concerns around AI-generated content for NPCs. I see generative AI as a tool that can aid in world building and add an extra layer of depth, rather than replacing the creativity of players and Dungeon Masters. It could provide unexpected ideas, inspiration, and help with generating highly dynamic content quickly.

Ultimately, the decision to incorporate AI in DnD should be based on personal preferences and how it complements the overall storytelling and gaming experience.

I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on how AI could be effectively used in D&D without compromising the roleplaying aspect. Maybe a generator to produce images for map locations or flavor text to dime-a-dozen mobs.
What would it look like to use generative AI as a supportive tool for world building in DnD?

-Rusvac

dungen

First Post
Can AI NPCs react to all the possible actions of players and their characters? If so, how?
The AI NPCs in DunGen are designed to react to player messages through natural language processing. While they can provide diverse responses and adapt to various scenarios, their reactions are based on pre-trained models and have limitations.

Give the app a try and compare it to what you’re expecting. Let me know what you think!

-Russ

Remove ads