• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Intellect Devourer as Pact Pet

dryanhuston

First Post
I was DMing a Season 8 Adventure League adventure DDAL08-10 The Skull Square Murders. In it there is a pretty non-combative mind flayer who has several trophy or show intellect devourers.

One of the players is a murder hobo and forced a fight to which another character had its brain replaced by an intellect devourers. It was going to be a TPK. Not really wanting a TPK because of one murder hobo I figured the mind flayer is written as relativity non aggressive and has trophy intellect devourers so he could call back his pets not wanting them to be harmed. I also might have played the fight a bit wrong leading up to the potential TPK.

The problem is there is a warlock with a now non-aggressive intellect devourers in his head. Not knowing how to really deal with it I finished up the adventure and told the warlock player some believable AL and DM magic and his character is fixed.

The player said it would be awesome to have his pact pet be an intellect devourer that lived in his head. I told him if it was a homegame I would allow it as that just sounds fun and interesting to RP. But its an AL character.

Is there anything he can do to keep the character AL legal with it in his head?

Remove ads