• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interactive Dungeon: looking for programmer

Trainz

Explorer
Interactive Dungeon:

http://www.geocities.com/trainz_ca/ID/

Is an interactive mapping software built to use a computer as a replacement for a battlemat and minis.

It has achieved some success in the gaming community, and hundreads of gamers use it, either just as a simple mapping software, or for it's full extent, to show the progression of the party through a dungeon complex.

The design is composed of two guys, me and a programmer. Together we have achieved version up to 2.02 in the past, and we have been working on version 3 for a while. My programmer however doesn't have the time anymore to continue his work on version 3, and since he owns the code for it, I now have decided (with his permission) to start looking for a new programming partner, and start working on version 4.0.

At this point, no remuneration is offered (as all previous versions of ID were freeware), but there's a slight possibility that I will decide to make this new version have a cost (a few distributors have shown interest in it). If so, you will get a fair share of the profits version 4.0 would generate. It will also depend on how slick the final product is, if there's any marketability in it. If not, but if it is still good enough, my intent is to again distribute it as freeware.

Before you send me an email offering your services, here are a few things to consider:

- I am NOT a programmer. The actual coding will rely solely on you (I design the graphics, and decide what features it must possess).
- ID is a very complex piece of software. Your skills must be great indeed if we hope to complete it.
- You get to choose in what programming language it will be, but that language must be able to support the graphics ID displays. Images will have layers, and transparency will be an issue. ID is mostly a manipulation of images, and how the pixels of those images react with movement through a dungeon map. It is in 2D. Download ID if you want an idea of what all this entails.
- You must be able and willing to accomplish the work in a matter of months, NOT years.

If you think you have what it takes, send me an email (which can be found on ID's webpage at the CONTACT US link) with INTERACTIVE DUNGEON PROGRAMMER in the subject. I will be glad to answer any questions you might have, but only if you have the skills to pull it off. My decision to take you as a partner will also be made easier if I can see and try software you have made in the past.

Thank you.

René Mongrain

Thanee

First Post
Kinda off-topic... but I would put some nice screenshots on the site, which show the program in work and the result (unless they are there and I just somehow missed them, that is). :)

Bye
Thanee

Trainz

Explorer
Thanee said:
Kinda off-topic... but I would put some nice screenshots on the site, which show the program in work and the result (unless they are there and I just somehow missed them, that is). :)

Bye
Thanee

You've... you've missed... you've MISSED the SCREENSHOTS???

They're there, right under the first 3 tabs at the left (Mapping, Running, Combat Planner).

Thanee

First Post
Hmm... funny. I guess the site didn't load right when I visited it last time, as I am really sure, that there was no left-side navigation. ;)

Tried it a bit more and it really does not load correctly in some cases (see attached screenshots)... depending on what domains I allow to execute scripts (funny enough it only fails to show correctly, when I do allow geocities.com; when I forbid everything it works as intended (I guess)).

Anyways, that's kinda off-topic here. :)

Bye
Thanee

Attachments

• ID1.jpg
    ID1.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 203
  • ID2.jpg
    ID2.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 235

Remove ads