[Interest Check] League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Pulp Nonsense

grufflehead

First Post
Alrighty... I found the D20 Modern SRD and have a pdf of it that I can be reading through. I am indeed (hopefully!) familiar enough with the D20 mechanics that it shouldn't be too much of stretch; biggest problem I'll have is adjusting to the right sort of level to 'pitch' things at until I get up to speed, but I'm sure with a bit of prompting I'll be fine. A quick scan hasn't thrown up copies of D20 Past at any of my usual vendors but I'll keep looking - meanwhile if any of you do have it and there are thing that you want to use you can give me the details.

One potential fly in the ointment is that D20 generally needs a map or terrain representation. Anybody got any quick tips for sketching things out and overlaying a 5' grid using free software (as I don't have anything at home)? Or would you be happy enough to do it more abstractly, so if people have feats or use combat manoeuvres that rely on movement, flanking etc I can just call them out as we go?

Voda Vosa

First Post
I'm happy to say I do have a solution for that as well.
Check out google docs' spreadsheet. It's like an excel spreadsheet you can link and people can edit. It's 100% free, and you can also import a saved excel file into it to save time.

Google Docs Tour

Most important feature of d20 past are it's advanced clases, but you can find them on online character builders of d20 modern. And if you need some foes I'll gladly sketch them up for you or copy from the rulebook.

grufflehead

First Post
Thanks for all that info Voda. I had a quick look at the Google spreadsheets, so I'll investigate this weekend when I have more time. The D20 Modern SRD is going to take some reading as it runs to about 200+ pages (!), but I should be able to pick it up fairly quickly.

Everybody who has expressed interest can consider themselves officially invited to join once I get my act in gear (which may not be immediately so I'll check again who's still in once I've reviewed my material and decided on a level).

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Answer: Templates.

And 4-color me interested as well. Is there a reason we're all running into each other on the PbP forums? With all the games going on, you'd think we'd see a wider variety of folks. ;)

Walking Dad

First Post
Same gaming taste?

Thoughts regarding my above question:

- Vampire Template -> Mina
- Maniac (right name? the slasher inspired one) or feral (from SS) template -> Hyde

Herobizkit

Adventurer
*LOL* I just feel like I keep butting in line to get to all the 'new' games, only to play them and see that I'm not suited for them/they're not suited for me and then abandon them.

One o' these days I may have to run one.

Remove ads